Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cissbury Ring Dog Walkers Beware

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sure ive read before NSC`ers walk their dogs around Cissbury Ring.
just had this forwarded to me

https://www.facebook.com/Worthing-Watch-1638722259681594/

"Dog Walkers please ALL still stay away from Cissbury Ring, we have heard now that 2 dogs have died along with a mother fox and her cub. Another dog has survived after his owner got him to the vet because he became so ill... they discovered steak in his tummy, the owner had not fed him steak! It seems the idiot person is putting slug pellets in peices of steak and throwing it about up there! Obviously this will be affecting hedgehogs, birds and all sorts of other wildlife too."

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sure ive read before NSC`ers walk their dogs around Cissbury Ring.
just had this forwarded to me

https://www.facebook.com/Worthing-Watch-1638722259681594/

"Dog Walkers please ALL still stay away from Cissbury Ring, we have heard now that 2 dogs have died along with a mother fox and her cub. Another dog has survived after his owner got him to the vet because he became so ill... they discovered steak in his tummy, the owner had not fed him steak! It seems the idiot person is putting slug pellets in peices of steak and throwing it about up there! Obviously this will be affecting hedgehogs, birds and all sorts of other wildlife too."

No harm in passing on the warning, but there is something really odd about the way this is written that screams hoax.

What motivates someone to scatter poisoned meat at a local beauty spot ?

What motivates someone to make stuff up like this ?

Why can't I just leave this stuff alone and get some sleep ?

3 dunnos from me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No harm in passing on the warning, but there is something really odd about the way this is written that screams hoax.

3 dunnos from me.

didnt know what to make of it myself,was in two minds whether to post or not,just in case its rubbish,but it came from a friend who runs a rescue centre,i remember the recentish poisonings on worthing beach(not sure if they ever caught the loon).....thought it worth a shout out just in case,

and yes you would have to be a sicko to leave poisoned meat out......odd people about!

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When it's reported on mainstream media I'll worry about it. My missus regularly gets her panties in a bunch about these ridiculous Facebook " warnings" the real worry is what motivates people to pass this shit along..

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

3 dunnos from me.

Can't speak for this specific warning (or the mentality of anyone that would make it up) but I do know of two separate cases fairly recently of dogs being poisoned around the mile oak area.

As to why someone would do it in the first place...who the hell knows, some people are just broken.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When it's reported on mainstream media I'll worry about it. My missus regularly gets her panties in a bunch about these ridiculous Facebook " warnings" the real worry is what motivates people to pass this shit along..

I agree with this. The local police and RSPCA are the places to get info and warnings from. I've never understood the need to create hoaxes to share online either, but it's been happening ever since we had email.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

3 dunnos from me.

You will be surprised. We have a small wood five minutes walk from our house, it's only about half the size of a football pitch and last year a dog died after eating a cooked sausage laced with rat poison.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here