Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idle thoughts about 2016-17 Season Ticket pricing

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Will the club await until promotion/not is confirmed before announcing prices?

If after promotion assured (touchwood) would it charge a premium to new ST applicants? (Or to put it the other way, discount to the longer standing STH's?)

Or will it gamble and release ST's before our fate is clear?

Does the ST release date/strategy change from year to year, or follow a fixed-date release?

I'm completely ignorant of how this all works, is there any expertise out there as to how these decisions play out?

PS I'm a Falmer JCL but didn't ditch me ST last season thank the Lord. I wouldn't mind if new STH applicants seeking Premiership glam had to pay a little more, & I think the loyal sticker-outers should get a little thank you...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would imaging they will say the same they did for the two seasons before last. Here are the prices subject to promotion.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
They would release prices on the assumption of Championship football and advise that the price would rise in the event of promotion with an opportunity to cancel if you wish.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Far, far too early.

IMO prices should come down, as we would be getting 19 games instead of 23

However, that won't happen and I'd expect at least a 10/15% price increase.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Look at the figures. Assume sell outs in the PL and an average of 25k this season with average seat price of £30 (I don't know what it actually is but my season works out at under £24)

2015/16 25,000 x 23 x 30 = £17,250,000
2016/17 30,000 x 19 x 30 = £17,100,000

So, keep the prices the same, the club lose £150,000 over a season. However, I read somewhere that the average spend at the Amex was £10 per person so that is wiped out by increased sales (5,000 x £10 x 19 = £950,000)

If the club raise prices by 10% they run the risk of not filling the Amex (as per the Goldstone in 79-83). They'll make a an extra £1,710,000 which is a pittance compared to the £97m they will get just for being last. As there is more money the higher you finish, the club might benefit from a packed Amex spurring the team on (one place higher than bottom gives another £2m).

It makes no sense to increase the ticket prices unless they are looking just to cash in on one season in the PL!!

The club could gain a lot of friends and more ST sales by announcing that prices will be the same regardless of the division we are in.

There is currently a lot of negative press regarding ticket prices and a forward thinking club like our own could be in a great position to counter it.

Don't forget. Leaving the prices the same is like a 20% increase due to the reduced number of games.

As for match by match prices. I can see the cat a which would include the top 4 or 5 going up but with inflation currently negative and the masses of extra TV money the club will collect, there should be no need for ones changes. Bar, there being fewer ticket offers required to fill the place.

I would expect to see the reintroduction of the ticket exchange which would be needed for the big games.

I think there should also be a sweetener to ST holders who choose to pay up front, saving the club money. Even if it was a voucher for a home cup game.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Minus the £750k of sales the club lose by playing three fixtures less in the Premier League season...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I would imagine that the club would charge as much as they think they can get away with. Which the current model. The £42 match day tickets (I know there are cheaper available but they are standard seats, nothing special) are second only to Sheffield Wednesday's £52 in the Championship, and our cheapest season ticket price is higher than almost every club in the league.

I would guess £50-£60 match day ticket prices in the Prem.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Look at the figures. Assume sell outs in the PL and an average of 25k this season with average seat price of £30 (I don't know what it actually is but my season works out at under £24)

2015/16 25,000 x 23 x 30 = £17,250,000
2016/17 30,000 x 19 x 30 = £17,100,000

So, keep the prices the same, the club lose £150,000 over a season. However, I read somewhere that the average spend at the Amex was £10 per person so that is wiped out by increased sales (5,000 x £10 x 19 = £950,000)

If the club raise prices by 10% they run the risk of not filling the Amex (as per the Goldstone in 79-83). They'll make a an extra £1,710,000 which is a pittance compared to the £97m they will get just for being last. As there is more money the higher you finish, the club might benefit from a packed Amex spurring the team on (one place higher than bottom gives another £2m).

It makes no sense to increase the ticket prices unless they are looking just to cash in on one season in the PL!!

We don't pay by game but by month, not many will join the protest march if we go up and your DD remains unaltered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here