Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City reported to UEFA after fans booed Champions League anthem

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
North-Korean style behaviour from UEFA guarantees compulsory booing of their anthem from now on. Dreadful antics by a commercial organisation that has no right to an anthem in the first place.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unbelievable. If any action is taken against Citeh for that, it signifies the death of football.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Incredible isn't it. UEFA are so far up their own arses it almost defies belief. What are they going to do, fine the club ? Start ejecting fans ? Force them to play a match behind closed doors ? As you rightly say, all they've done now is to absolutely guarantee that the boo'ing will be even more widespread now.

The systematic culture of corruption and self-interest is one thing, but the crass stupidity of the people governing this sport never ceases to amaze me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've seen the list of possible consequences if they're found guilty and it's outrageous. Ranging from a fine of up to £100,000 to up to 3 games played behind closed doors or even a ban from UEFA Competition next year. City are in very hot water.

Jan 30, 2008
Incredible isn't it. UEFA are so far up their own arses it almost defies belief. What are they going to do, fine the club ? Start ejecting fans ? Force them to play a match behind closed doors ? As you rightly say, all they've done now is to absolutely guarantee that the boo'ing will be even more widespread now.

The systematic culture of corruption and self-interest is one thing, but the crass stupidity of the people governing this sport never ceases to amaze me.
and people still coughing up the money to back them
regards
DR

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
North-Korean style behaviour from UEFA guarantees compulsory booing of their anthem from now on. Dreadful antics by a commercial organisation that has no right to an anthem in the first place.

On the same day that UEFA charged Dynamo Kiev over crowd violence and racist abuse.

Be interesting to see which brings the stiffer penalty...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's good to see UEFA have got their priorities right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've seen the list of possible consequences if they're found guilty and it's outrageous. Ranging from a fine of up to £100,000 to up to 3 games played behind closed doors or even a ban from UEFA Competition next year.
All English teams could be banned at this rate.

It feels like I'm watching a spoof. UEFA are as bad as FIFA. What are we supposed to do?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Am I the only football fan that takes no notice of the Champions league, I done even know when its on or whose init, and frankly don't care.

Now its not a knockout I lost all interest.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Am I the only football fan that takes no notice of the Champions league, I done even know when its on or whose init, and frankly don't care.

Now its not a knockout I lost all interest.

I love the Champions League because I love football.

This makes me seriously question the sanity of those that run UEFA

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Kevin Parker, general secretary of Manchester City supporters' club, told BBC Radio 5 live: "The City fans have absolutely no love for Uefa, it's clear. Do Uefa seriously think the threat of sanctions is going to have an impact? Everybody has got a right to a freedom of expression. City fans are just using that right to say we don't like that tune and we don't like Uefa."

Don't see how Eufa could expect any sanctions to be upheld in a court of law, which I'm sure City would challenge.

el punal

Terrible isn't it. Think of all those poor Reading fans who have to listen to their "anthem" before every home game. Well, I suppose they could do a pitch invasion as a protest, they're good at that. :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here