Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to fill the Amex

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What does TB/PB have to do to fill the Amex.(apart from Host Rugby matches)

Here we stand top of the league where we have stood for 2 months now.
Yet our highest attendance has been 26k.
The club have put their hands in their pockets & invested in the team to
Give us the best chance of success.

I know that if we are top of the league in April the Amex will be full I also know
That if we draw Chelsea at home in the FA cup the Amex will be full.

I find it strange that a team that finished 5th from bottom of the league attracted
More fans to a game than a team that was top of the league.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bizarre.

I just opened NSC, having watched Bobby's goal from last night for about the 764th time, to post: if you are an Albion fan why would you NOT come on Saturday?

There is economics at play for some folk, I appreciate, but:

- 12 games unbeaten
- top of the league
- playing an 'unfancied' side
- Zamora lighting up Sussex

Come. Just come. Please come.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
My argument is that with all things being equal our amazing start to the season will come to an end & our season may well filter out so why don't we all just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Bizarre.

I just opened NSC, having watched Bobby's goal from last night for about the 764th time, to post: if you are an Albion fan why would you NOT come on Saturday?

There is economics at play for some folk, I appreciate, but:

- 12 games unbeaten
- top of the league
- playing an 'unfancied' side
- Zamora lighting up Sussex

Come. Just come. Please come.

YES YES YES

Bring your kids who you have bored to death about a player who used to play for Brighton called BOBBY ZAMORA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the situation about rocking up on the day now ?

I'm a STH so its not something I've BOVVERED with. But say someone minces up to a ticket booth window at the Amex at half 1 on Saturday - can they buy a tickert or wot ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm a STH so its not something I've BOVVERED with. But say someone minces up to a ticket booth window at the Amex at half 1 on Saturday - can they buy a tickert or wot ?

Yep - have been able to for at least a season now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Preston will bring a few too, right? They've not been here before have they?

And when you live in Preston, Brighton in October is pretty much a Summer holiday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep - have been able to for at least a season now.

Excrement.

I have a friend who's a dead ringer for Corbyn who was stroking his beard about Saturday. Looks like a nice early beery start on the cards then. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excrement.

I have a friend who's a dead ringer for Corbyn who was stroking his beard about Saturday. Looks like a nice early beery start on the cards then. :thumbsup:

Make him commit early - buy online and print at home (or bring his phone and scan the barcode on the email).

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

im also a STH but I believe unless it is a high profile fixture you can go to ticket office & get a ticket.
High profile fixtures are normally games that the visiting teams have sold all of their allocated tickets
So are only available to supporters to purchase who have a purchase history at the club

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
answer to the original question - Give tickets to local schools and businesses; no brainer for me as costs nothing but could be food/drink revenue. Fill it, and create a future fanbase.

In answer to Bozza's questions - I didn't see my arsenal season ticket holder mates in 2011 in H block in the cold. But don't let it stop the pride, it's a good time to be a Seagull.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking back at this time of year...

25/10/14 Home to Rotherham 24,370
28/10/13 (Monday night) Home to Watford 27,657
09/11/13 (closest Saturday to above) Home to Blackburn 27,912
20/10/12 Home to Middlesbrough 26,293

From what I can see we are averaging just under 24k so far this season. Are another 4,000 or so going to come out to get close to that Blackburn attendance? It doesn't feel like it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) People are quick to forget we extended the Amex by 8k - even last nights attendances would have filled the original Amex.

2) 23k is bloody good. I looked at the other attendances last night and we were comfortably top! And that included like 13k I so for the likes of Cardiff & Hull who have recently been in the prem. and it's been like that for 5 seasons now - us with huge attendances compared to most clubs in the league. Appreciate it for what it is - a bloody huge crowd for BHA. Who would have thought we'd be getting 25k consistently for year after year when we were at Withdean - I know I'd have laughed at anyone telling me that!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Is it advertised around town you can just rock up? I don't know I don't live

I think there are 2 major problems

a (cost)
b ( logistics)

If you are an Albion fan the logistics involved in watching the Albion is understandable.
The trouble is that if you are not an Albion fan but you just want to watch a game of football.
Sooner rather than later getting a ticket for the Amex has to get easier.
Some people just want to buy a ticket they don't want to sign up to a Database where they will be
Offered all sorts of other shit"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1) People are quick to forget we extended the Amex by 8k - even last nights attendances would have filled the original Amex.

2) 23k is bloody good. I looked at the other attendances last night and we were comfortably top! And that included like 13k I so for the likes of Cardiff & Hull who have recently been in the prem. and it's been like that for 5 seasons now - us with huge attendances compared to most clubs in the league. Appreciate it for what it is - a bloody huge crowd for BHA. Who would have thought we'd be getting 25k consistently for year after year when we were at Withdean - I know I'd have laughed at anyone telling me that!

I'm certainly not disputing any of that. But, for this time of year, we really have "never had it so good", have we?

20/10/12 v Middlesbrough - we were 5th going into that. Crowd of 26,293
28/10/13 v Watford - we were 16th going into that. Crowd of 27,657 on a Monday night.
9/11/13 v Blackburn - we were 12th going into that. Crowd of 27,912

Is it advertised around town you can just rock up? I don't know I don't live

I think there are 2 major problems

a (cost)
b ( logistics)

If you are an Albion fan the logistics involved in watching the Albion is understandable.
The trouble is that if you are not an Albion fan but you just want to watch a game of football.
Sooner rather than later getting a ticket for the Amex has to get easier.
Some people just want to buy a ticket they don't want to sign up to a Database where they will be
Offered all sorts of other shit"

Logistics isn't an excuse. You can stroll up to the Amex at 2:50 on Saturday and buy a ticket and go in. It's like old skool going to football.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was having this convo with a friend last night, who was saying presumably attendances have increased now you're top of the league. I said, no - I actually think they are down. It does seem strange, I was surprised to see so many empty seats last night. Maybe the casual fans aren't yet convinced.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In the event that promotion seems the most likely outcome for the Albion (finger crossed), I think matches from around March will be a sell out as fans of the Premier League try to ensure they have loyalty points or season tickets for next season. Big IF though as to whether we can maintain our challenge but things are looking very very good right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here