Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn V Derby.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hull v Birmingham on Saturday which both can't win.

And maybe Fulham can beat Reading ???

Preston will be a difficult game. Another BZ winner ? ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All of the chasers are away from home again this weekend (as they were this midweek too).

We were presented with a great opportunity to cement our position this week and we're half way there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A win on Saturday and there's every prospect we could be six points clear.
Don't expect PNE to be any easier than Bristol though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The real season starts Saturday week at Reading where we can get a clue as to whether we will be in running at the business end

larus

A win on Saturday and there's every prospect we could be six points clear.
Don't expect PNE to be any easier than Bristol though.

Agree with that. There was a link on a thread today to the Derby forum, where some of their posters were saying we've not played many teams near the top. In some sense that is true, but when we playsed Ipswitch they were top and Hull were second.

Also, they should look at who they have played. They've played a lot of teams at the bottom of the league and their results against them haven't been that impressive. A lot of games are decided by the odd goal, and it's how teams do in tight games which affects the final position more than the odd game when you trounce someone.

If we get 3 points on Saturday - 31 from 13 games. Leaves 44 to get to the playoffs from 33 games (assuming that 75 makes the playoffs as a guess). Not too shabby a start.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The real season starts Saturday week at Reading where we can get a clue as to whether we will be in running at the business end
No it doesn't. It's just another game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True, but we were saying that against Ipswithc and Hull too. At what point do we say "We're in this"?

That is a very good point, I think when we demolished the division with Poyet wasn't it around September when we went top and Sandaza scored a late winner and we never gave that up but Carlisle at home and that amazing Bridcutt volley where it was etched in time there was no turning back we really were the real deal.

Can't remember when that Carlisle @ home game was though

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No it doesn't. It's just another game.

Agreed every game is, in reality, another game but win that and it puts a huge marker down.

But and big but Derby went West last season so it can happen to anyone.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The league consists of 24 teams & we have played 12 of them so there are only 11 teams that we are yet to play.
Does anybody truly believe that we have managed to play the worst 12 teams in this league to remain unbeaten.

larus

That is a very good point, I think when we demolished the division with Poyet wasn't it around September when we went top and Sandaza scored a late winner and we never gave that up but Carlisle at home and that amazing Bridcutt volley where it was etched in time there was no turning back we really were the real deal.

Can't remember when that Carlisle @ home game was though

It's probably a combination of the years of crap; the final few seasons at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, etc., and the fear of hoping too much, and then seeing it evaporate before your eyes.
I'm not expecting anything, but I feel as though we are a team that can challenge now. I didn't at the start of the season, but I believe we are now. And, I think the TB will take a gamble if he feels it's needed to get where he wants to be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I disagree. I felt similar before we played Ipswich, but we knocked them off the top, then beat Hull, and have since outplayed Cardiff, so if we have a bad game against Reading we won't suddenly be crap. The real season has started and it doesn't end until May.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think that when we won league one under Poyet our record against teams in the top six was not all that, but it was our consistency against teams outside the top six that won us the league. Obviously we should try and win as many as possible but the fact we have not played any of the current top six may not mean anything.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's probably a combination of the years of crap; the final few seasons at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, etc., and the fear of hoping too much, and then seeing it evaporate before your eyes.
I'm not expecting anything, but I feel as though we are a team that can challenge now. I didn't at the start of the season, but I believe we are now. And, I think the TB will take a gamble if he feels it's needed to get where he wants to be.

I think the January transfer window will be very interesting as so far zero loans. whether the club go for that Boca Juniors player or the Uraguayan lad will be very interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here