Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Pakistan v England Second Test Match Dubai 22nd - 26th October 2015

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Thought I would start a thread for the Second Test as it will be kicking off early tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a better wicket than that abortion last week.

Stokes maybe out after getting a stomach bug, apparently Samit Patel might play instead in which case the caterers had better get some more Pies in. :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More importantly, Yasir's back for Pakistan; that will be a sterner test for our batsmen

They've also unearthed another chucker, er, bowler with an interesting action. Should an interesting test

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Probably Pakistan's day.

One thing I've noticed (in the Ind v SA ODI as well) is how BIASED the Asian commentators are. It really sticks in their throats when they have to praise the opposition, but when it's one of their own, they wax lyrical, regardless of the circumstances. They are also stupidly biased when it comes to talking about contentious decisions.

It ANNOYS me

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the news just now the stadium was largely empty and members of the crowd were fast asleep.

This series highlights our serious lack of spin bowling. I miss Graeme Swann.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On the news just now the stadium was largely empty and members of the crowd were fast asleep.

This series highlights our serious lack of spin bowling. I miss Graeme Swann.

8 down, 4 to Rashid and Ali, presumably Swann would have had them all?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Have we seen this stat about Cook now overtaking Graham Smith to be the 2nd highest run scorer as an opener in Test matches?

He's less than 600 runs behind Sunil Gavaskar, who is top.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have we seen this stat about Cook now overtaking Graham Smith to be the 2nd highest run scorer as an opener in Test matches?

He's less than 600 runs behind Sunil Gavaskar, who is top.

I was thinking about how many he would need to score the highest aggregate in a three match series.

Then I remembered Graham Gooch and the home series against India in 1990. So we'll forget that record.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm going to defend Ian Bell. He should stay in the team. I accept that he's not fulfilled his potential. What's his Test average now though: 43 or so? There's a lot of youngsters around, and they'll benefit from Cook not being the only experienced batsman around (especially as he's got enough on his plate with the captaincy, batting for 14 hours, ...)

Stattoseagull

Banned
Feb 25, 2007
Plumpton Green
There are only a handful of spectators at the match but guess who I spotted wearing an Albion Polo shirt - Shortly after this picture he started to kiss his badge!

IMG_2705.JPG

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
The woman with dark hair has lost her face :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm going to defend Ian Bell. He should stay in the team. I accept that he's not fulfilled his potential. What's his Test average now though: 43 or so? There's a lot of youngsters around, and they'll benefit from Cook not being the only experienced batsman around (especially as he's got enough on his plate with the captaincy, batting for 14 hours, ...)

The youngsters are certainly getting a lot of experience batting with Bell in the team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here