Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Test Ahead

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
We play 5 of the 6 sides currently below us in the next 10 games Reading (A), Burnley (A), Brum (H), Derby (H) and Boro (H) - can we dream and win all 5?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Yeah it could be argued that we've had it easy so far. Hull probably the best quality opposition we've faced. Ipswich were in a false position when we knocked them off the top - they have now rightly sunk to join their mid-table peers. These five will be a true test of our quality.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
All those teams bar Reading have already lost to a team that we've beaten (and Reading only drew with Leeds and Rotherham, both of whom we beat). So yes, we obviously could win all five. But it's extremely unlikely. :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Let's just beat Preston first, and head into November at the top of the league!

I'm with you on that. I have tickets for Reading, but not even thinking about that ahead of Saturday. I think their league position isn't telling the whole story of a decent enough start for them, and a tough side to play. They've just had 2 very good results so come to us with a bit of form.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Never mind the rest of them: we have Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: away on November 3rd.

They have plenty of money and optimism swilling around this season and aren't far off the pace in 9th. Given our historic record at Hillsborough (I think I'm correct in stating that we've never won a single game there), it's that one that will tell me if we're contenders or not.

I've seen us play three times there. We haven't scored a single goal in those games: one dismal 0-0 and a couple of pathetic 1-0 defeats. I think LEON BEST scored for Massive Wednesday in one of those games. That's how bad we were.

Shall I go to the next one?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never mind the rest of them: we have Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: away on November 3rd.

They have plenty of money and optimism swilling around this season and aren't far off the pace in 9th. Given our historic record at Hillsborough (I think I'm correct in stating that we've never won a single game there), it's that one that will tell me if we're contenders or not.

I've seen us play three times there. We haven't scored a single goal in those games: one dismal 0-0 and a couple of pathetic 1-0 defeats. I think LEON BEST scored for Massive Wednesday in one of those games. That's how bad we were.

Shall I go to the next one?

They apparently have a newly laid semi synthetic pitch so the cow field leveller of a pitch is no more. I feel more optimistic about our chances of a result because of this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here