Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeman (long haired Brizzle player)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gets booked for a dive as soon as he did it... Other Brizzle player then boots the ball away - clueless ref went up to Freeman and showed him a second yellow card - but no red..?

I thought as much last night and Bob Booker seemed to suggest it too on the highlights...

Thoughts?

Oh and Baldock's was clearly an OG but let's give it to him ;)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Gets booked for a dive as soon as he did it... Other Brizzle player then boots the ball away - clueless ref went up to Freeman and showed him a second yellow card - but no red..?

I thought as much last night and Bob Booker seemed to suggest it too on the highlights...

Thoughts?

I thought that was the case two yellows for the same player, sums the refs performance up really. Also as officials all miked up why was he not told it was a second yellow, or he booked the wrong player the second time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was the ref clueless in giving the dive as well? Or do we ignore that?

Yes I thought it was a pen and a dive... He was clueless all round esp not acting on the time wasting. Poor for both teams.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes I thought it was a pen and a dive... He was clueless all round esp not acting on the time wasting. Poor for both teams.

I think I'm happy with how it panned out. Also I'm sure he gave the 2nd yellow to a completely different player, Liam Moore I believe for kicking the ball away (which missed the goal).

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
This has just been highlighted on local news as well. On a side-note, I thought Freeman was a constant threat all night. Well, not all night. That would imply I took him home with me and he was hiding in various places around my house with a blunt object waiting to attack me and my family. I meant on the football pitch. I hope you understand.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I think I'm happy with how it panned out. Also I'm sure he gave the 2nd yellow to a completely different player, Liam Moore I believe for kicking the ball away (which missed the goal).

Liam Moore did kick the ball away. However, it did appear that the ref ran up to Freeman and showed him the yellow. A case of mistaken identity. Because Freeman and Moore do look quite alike. It's like getting Dr Dre with Kurt Cobain mixed up. Happens all the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought Freeman was a constant threat all night. Well, not all night. That would imply I took him home with me and he was hiding in various places around my house with a blunt object waiting to attack me and my family. I meant on the football pitch. I hope you understand.
Nope, run it past us again?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He added 2 mins in 1st half and 5 in the second.

Shocking comment mate.

a) The 4th official added that on
b) 2 mins first half wasn't enough given Wibracunty's injury and the constant time wasting
c) Just cos they added 'some' on at the end, doesn't mean the ref shouldn't book them for clear bookable offences!

Anyway, back to the point of the thread. Yes I thought Moore booted it away, but he clearly showed the yellow to Freeman and then no red... What a shocking ref he was!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shocking comment mate.

a) The 4th official added that on
b) 2 mins first half wasn't enough given Wibracunty's injury and the constant time wasting
c) Just cos they added 'some' on at the end, doesn't mean the ref shouldn't book them for clear bookable offences!

Anyway, back to the point of the thread. Yes I thought Moore booted it away, but he clearly showed the yellow to Freeman and then no red... What a shocking ref he was!

No he doesn't. The referee indicates what he wants added - the 4th official just puts it up on the board.

More generally, I rather enjoyed his laissez-faire style of refereeing.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
The referee dropped his yellow card when he was initially booking Freeman for the dive so maybe that was why he showed it a second time.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

Thoughts?

i was thinking that why didnt the ref send him when he showed him 2 yellows

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
No he doesn't. The referee indicates what he wants added - the 4th official just puts it up on the board.

You sure about that? I have always thought it was the 4th official. Whenever a high amount of injury time is given in a game which we are winning, Nathan Jones always asks the 4th official to see his notebook. Presumably to see how he worked out that 5 minutes was to be added.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You sure about that? I have always thought it was the 4th official. Whenever a high amount of injury time is given in a game which we are winning, Nathan Jones always asks the 4th official to see his notebook. Presumably to see how he worked out that 5 minutes was to be added.

No, it's always the ref. A few years ago, they'd indicate it to the fourth official using some sort of pre-determined signal, generally with the hand. I assume now they use their mics/ear-pieces to just given the message verbally.

The amusing thing about last night is Bristol City spent most of the second half wasting time and they then got that time back at the end when they were chasing the game. It was like they banked the time for when they needed it. Fortunately justice prevailed and they didn't get an equaliser.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

When does he let the fourth official know how long he wants added on?
It's usually about two minutes before the end of each half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20159223

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here