Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal hero Bobby was aiming to be goal provider [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BOBBY ZAMORA revealed he tried to be goal-maker – after delighting the Amex with another brilliant late winner.
The returning hero followed his chip at Leeds in style as he unleashed an inch-perfect volley to secure the leaders’ tense 2-1 win at home to Bristol City.
He left the pitch punching the air in front of his adoring fans.

But he admitted he was hoping to tee up Dale Stephens as the ball fell to him with his back to goal.
Zamora told The Argus: “I tried to set up Dale like I did at Bolton and the referee thought he’d get in the way!
“It came back out to me and I just managed to hit the target.
“It’s pretty much the same feeling as Saturday. It’s great to score for Brighton again.
“The club means so much to me and it’s great it was the winning goal.
“They are just strikers’ finishes I suppose – a little dink (at Leeds) and try and hit the target when you get half a chance.
“That’s one away and one at home so all boxes ticked and the unbeaten record is still going for us – and that’s massive.
“Just try and hit the target when you get half a chance.
“I thought we created a lot of chances and overall I thought we deserved the win.”
Albion were also grateful for two superb second-half saves from David Stockdale.
The keeper admitted City made life tough but said: “If we’ve got any aspirations to go far in this league we have got to break that down.
“When you get asked questions like that and go 1-0 down you’ve got to show character and in the second half we showed that.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here