Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whole Day of Football??

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Discussed in the office this morning was the "weekend at the Amex" at the beginning of Dec when the 1st team play on Sat and the women play at the Amex on sunday.

We were unanimously disappointed that both games weren't being played on saturday...

How about a lunchtime fixture of the u21s... followed by the main event... and to top off, the women's game under floodlights... all on a saturday. 12pm, 3pm, 6pm. Match Ticket gets you access to any/all.

The only downside I can see to this is the damage to the pitch from the games in quick succession. Would an hour be enough for the ground staff to get the pitch back up to par? Given some of the ploughed fields being paraded as match-ready pitches in this league, would it work?

On the upside, I see a massive increase in food/drink sales, much better attendance to other 'secondary' games and a fantastic day out. Allow people back out of the ground between games too and its a real winner. Not to mention a much much easier travel experience for all!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a neat idea in principle but I can't see it happening in practice. People may not feel the need to eat during a two-hour game but would do if they were there all day. As the caterers can't manage to feed the small number who want food now, they're not going to be able to cope with much bigger numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here