Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, that's a quarter of the season gone

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, a quarter. When are we allowed to start dreaming?

It's good to see our fans aren't singing about going up yet.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

I'm waiting until the end of December, not least because many of our harder games fall in that month (6 games including Derby, QPR, Middlesbrough) and the end of November gives us Burnley and Birmingham. If we come through that with a decent record then I'm going to be very excited.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
28 from 12 = Brilliant....18 from last 34 and we should avoid relegation....64ish from 34 Champions!!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm waiting until the end of December, not least because many of our harder games fall in that month (6 games including Derby, QPR, Middlesbrough) and the end of November gives us Burnley and Birmingham. If we come through that with a decent record then I'm going to be very excited.
Yes, we have a run of about eight games with one that most observers would consider a "banker" (Charlton). If we are in a good position after mid December then we can dream...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Hard when you are well clear at the top, I know, but the lowest profile we can keep the better. Whatever happens, we must not be triumphalist in the slightest, however tempting, -that just winds up the opposition. I did hear someone on the radio say that the Albion are a good team but without any stars (who then attract attention, though this might change with BZ?)- just the way, you would want it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm dreaming now. I'm not going to sing about it, but I am going to enjoy every second and believe for every minute we're up there that we can do it. I'm not going to hide behind what might happen in February or March, we're top now, we're in the driving seat right now!

We know we have some weaknesses, some frailties, we've had some good fortune, but our players definitely without a shadow of a doubt believe they can do it, and I am bloody well with them on that. I'll take the disappointment on the chin if it comes, but I ain't waiting around for anything! :albion2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Little ol' Brighton top of the league. Who would have thought it? No doubt the idiots at Boro and Derby etc will be saying "it won't last", "they're punching above their weight" etc. We'll see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If 2 of the remaining 3 quarters are as good, and even if we just bumble along at relegation form of a point a game for the other quarter....

Then we'll go up as champions !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Points needed for automatic promotion over the past 10 years (most recent first, taken as 1 point above 3rd place):
87, 86, 78, 87, 81, 80, 81, 76, 85, 82 = average 82.3

So for 25% of the season gone, we have 34% of the average points required for auto promotion......just saying' for those that like meaningless stats!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb the trench war of the football season. Do we have characters up for the fight?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Points needed for automatic promotion over the past 10 years (most recent first, taken as 1 point above 3rd place):
87, 86, 78, 87, 81, 80, 81, 76, 85, 82 = average 82.3

So for 25% of the season gone, we have 34% of the average points required for auto promotion......just saying' for those that like meaningless stats!

The more we can get the "points needed" (call it 87 for now) down, the more the excitement meter goes up

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely won't be too long before someone starts a 'Teams that can't catch us' thread. Or is that a bit premature?

There are 34 games still to play for most of us. That's 102 points. There are 20 points between us and the bottom team. So possibly a bit premature.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb the trench war of the football season. Do we have characters up for the fight?
Kayal... yes
Stephens... yes
Rosenior... yes
Zamora... yes
Huenemeier... yes

etc. etc.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Kayal... yes
Stephens... yes
Rosenior... yes
Zamora... yes
Huenemeier... yes

etc. etc.

Yeah i would also add Crofts and GG.
Reading Roy Keanes autobiography and he has the idea with all things being equal strong characters get you out of the championship more then anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here