Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Kodjia - Should we go for him?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we want to win promotion this season, we should be looking to sign up Jonathan Kodjia, Bristol City's No 22 in the January transfer window. He looked to be just the sort of striker we need, fast, strong, dynamic and very skilful on the ball. I can't believe he only cost City £2M. Had he been in our team we would have won last night's game with something to spare. Maybe TB should put in a cheeky bid in the new year? £3-5M should do it. It would be a better gamble than taking a punt on Jonathan Calleri in my humble opinion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You don't want the two from Boca in January then? Okay.

I don't believe for one minute that this is likely to happen and there is always the risk that the players won't settle or would want to move on to a Premier League side after a few months.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we'd had him from the start of the season, we'd be 6 or 8 points clear now.

I'm not sure it works that we get to cherry-pick the good players we come up against though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we'd had him from the start of the season, we'd be 6 or 8 points clear now.

I'm not sure it works that we get to cherry-pick the good players we come up against though.

You're right of course....but it would be great to be able to do so.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
According to Naylor in the Argus today he was on our radar last Summer

We missed a real opportunity if this is true....but top of the table so no complaints from me.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The same Bristol City who were trying to spend £10mil+ on Gray and then Gayle?

Pretty sure similar comments were being made about Vetokele this time last season for Charlton, he can't buy a goal at the moment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bit arrogant to think that we can just take our pick of other Championship players in January. Take heart from the fact that he'll be helping Bristol City take points from the teams below us though.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Bit arrogant to think that we can just take our pick of other Championship players in January. Take heart from the fact that he'll be helping Bristol City take points from the teams below us though.

Spot on, City seemingly have more cash to spend than we have after the recent bids for Gayle etc so why would they sell to a team in the same division?

He was bloody good though :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He was class last night. He reminded me of a young Bobby Zamora actually. An absolute handful, bit of pace, lanky and awkward with a good left boot.

He looks a decent player which'll cause a lot of teams problems at this level,

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah I really enjoyed watching his performance last night, notwithstanding the palpitations he gave me whenever he breezed away from our defence like a whisper of a memory on a warm summer breeze.

Decent shot on him and all.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah I really enjoyed watching his performance last night, notwithstanding the palpitations he gave me whenever he breezed away from our defence like a whisper of a memory on a warm summer breeze.

Decent shot on him and all.

Gosh, how poetic. Or did you borrow it from somewhere else...... which wouldn't necessarily make it any less poetic - just not original.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Actually beyond arrogance, it's mind blowingly needy to keep coveting other clubs players, just because they are good. As a Brighton supporter I get pizzed off reading other clubs posts saying a how good one of our players was and should their club by him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here