Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up then. Who DIDN'T want Bobby back?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I very much wanted him back, but after his first few short sub appearances, where he didn't do much, I was just beginning to think that maybe I was wrong and he shouldn't have come back. Thankfully all that changed and it is now so clear what he brings. The difference is Baldock did well, converted 1 of many chances. Hemed did well, converted none of his clear chances. Zamora had one chance and it was only ever going in the net. We really need a player who can do that and we have done for ages (certainly since Leo left)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was doubtful initially but he is now looking much fitter and should prove to be an asset over the rest of the season - just wish he was 5 years younger..

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I very much wanted him back, but after his first few short sub appearances, where he didn't do much, I was just beginning to think that maybe I was wrong and he shouldn't have come back. Thankfully all that changed and it is now so clear what he brings. The difference is Baldock did well, converted 1 of many chances. Hemed did well, converted none of his clear chances. Zamora had one chance and it was only ever going in the net. We really need a player who can do that and we have done for ages (certainly since Leo left)
didn't baldock miss his chance , looked like an og for me??

Takes a big man to own up, thankfully I was always in the pro bobby camp :)

Thing is Marshy, I didn't want to see Bobby back because of what he once meant to us, I always wanted my enduring memories of Zamora to be of him banging goals in, playing with a smile on his face.

If he'd have struggled to cope with the physical aspects of The Championship I'm sure that the "newer" fans, and there ARE a fair few around me, would have started to get on his back. At that point I may well have been ejected from The Amex.

I

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll admit I was a worried when we got him, but now he's here I guess I'll just have to put up with him winning us four points that we would undoubtedly not have had otherwise. I'll live. [emoji106]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:wave:
It's not that I didn't want him back, I just couldn't see it working out.

I figured he'll not be playing 90 minutes, he'll not be playing 3 games a week, and that money could be spent better elsewhere.
I was guessing on '2 weeks out with a groin strain', 'a little hamstring niggle', 'can't be rushed back', basically a pooh load of frustration.

We all knew a moment like last night was going to happen, hopefully they'll be a few more, not to mention another goal threat joining in January taking more pressure off Bobby.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think last night was a HUGE moment.

I always hoped for the best - how couldn't you? He's like our SON - but did rather suspect at the time that it was mainly driven by marketing rather than footballing reasons.

But - now the Bobster's scored 2 in 2 and looking sharper every game and clearly loving every single second of it as much as we are and DAMN IT I LOVE THAT MAN ZAMORA ZAMORA ZAMORA

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I wasn`t sure.......However in last two games he has won us four points....Lets hope he can keep on scoring. Last night we could have been and should have been 3-1 at half time..Should he have been on earlier ????

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The 'Never go back' maxim could not be applied to Bobby anyway as this is his third spell with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here