Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Fans comment?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Quote from a Bristol forum. What exactly is the 'proper' identity that Bristol has that Brighton apparently doesn't?

'Horrible ground, horrible location, horrible transport, plastic fans, no atmosphere.

Thank god Ashton Gate is being redeveloped, and thank god we represent a proper city with an identity.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do believe that when they were trying to get their new ground, Brighton helped them out via Martin Perry. Short memories.

Sour grapes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quote from a Bristol forum. What exactly is the 'proper' identity that Bristol has that Brighton apparently doesn't?

'Horrible ground, horrible location, horrible transport, plastic fans, no atmosphere.

Thank god Ashton Gate is being redeveloped, and thank god we represent a proper city with an identity.'
He's a Goon. Put simply.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Opposition lose = Opposition say how shit the ground/atmosphere/city is.

Opposition win = Opposition say what a nice bunch we are, how good the pies are and how they can't wait to come back next season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
sour+grapes.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
if id come all the way from Bristol to Brighton on a Tuesday to watch my team get beaten I'd be pissed off too.

And there are, demonstrably, a lot of JCLs at the AMEX which means little atmosphere and noise. The generation after this one will be embedded Brighton fans. A hell of a lot of our support were Chelsea or Man Utd. Fans until a few years ago don't forget. Just look at the NSC join dates to see how there has been a huge influx of new supporters. And welcome they are too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Have the been to Bolton this season yet, a club with a train station without any trains on a Saturday and stewards who try and throw fans out for taking photos.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We had the same stuff from Bournemouth last season, coming here from their homely little abode and tearing our facilities to shreds. I assume these comments were posted after the game ( when the bitterness of defeat was still spilling around their mouths like a witch sucking the venom out of a snake-bite )
Bristol...don't make me laugh....I've seen some shit-holes in my time but that place is right up there with the sordiest, chavviest places you can find. Shell-suits and pony tails are still in fashion. Dog shit, broken glass and orrible kids crying everywhere. Pit-bulls on chains and drug dealing on every street corner. The worst accent in England.
How he can compare that to the cosmopolitan vibrancy of our great city, God only knows. Brighton seafront v Bristol docks. I ask you. The mans deluded.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
if id come all the way from Bristol to Brighton on a Tuesday to watch my team get beaten I'd be pissed off too.

And there are, demonstrably, a lot of JCLs at the AMEX which means little atmosphere and noise. The generation after this one will be embedded Brighton fans. A hell of a lot of our support were Chelsea or Man Utd. Fans until a few years ago don't forget. Just look at the NSC join dates to see how there has been a huge influx of new supporters. And welcome they are too.

Nsc join dates mean absolutely nothing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Opposition lose = Opposition say how shit the ground/atmosphere/city is.

Opposition win = Opposition say what a nice bunch we are, how good the pies are and how they can't wait to come back next season.

Not really, if you look at their forum, there are plenty of their fans who are complimentary about the stadium.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You make it sound like most of our support are JCLs which I don' think is the case.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I don't think the lack of atmosphere is anything to do with JCL's , I'd say it's the type of person coming to games these days , you only have to look at the amount of times people (even jokingly) refer to soccer ball to know it's becoming more of a middle class pastime where people bang on about the "match day experience".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here