Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now is the moment we should get excited

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have read several posts from people saying that we should not get carried away and get too excited. I completely disagree. We are football fans and it is times like these we have to get excited. If you contain your excitement too long then we might be caught and we might not go up and you will regret not enjoying it while we were flying high. Obviously the players need to stay focussed but for us fans it is time to dream about what might be and enjoy the position we find ourselves in.

If you are not excited now then you take some pleasing.
1) we are four points clear
2) 6 points clear of third
3) longest unbeaten run at the start of the season for us ever
4) a living legend has not only return but he has scored not just one but two late winners in the last few days
5) we have an amazing ground to call home

Yes we might not go up but if you are not thrilled to be witnessing this then you need to have a long hard look at yourself and consider why you follow football. This morning I told my young son that we had won again and his face lit up when I said Zamora had scored a late winner "again?" He said. "Yes I beamed" as I realised just how much fun this has been

Long may it continue but if it doesn't then I have loved every second of this season (apart from watching COG convert his pen at Walsall)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I agree, If fans would stop being so pessimistic, the atmosphere at the amex would improve, and the players would benefit as well!.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am not pessimistic, we have a great chance. But still a little cautious.

This league is simply nuts, the margins are slim, games often close and anyone can beat anyone.

A Truly fantastic start, but whilst we've drawn a few games we should've won, we've also won a few that we may of drawn.

We're not taking teams apart with the scoreline, its always 1 goal. Our strike force, whilst good, is not amazing. We're just edging games. Injuries and luck will likely change things as will the unknown of who Bloom might buy.

Its certainly a million miles removed from this time last year and better than any of us could've imagined at the end of last season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
6) We've still been picking up points without 2 of our most creative players - both will be back on Saturday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think what is most encouraging for me is you feel there is more to come from this side and we are picking up points without really blowing anyone away.

It is too early to get carried away but not being at our best and winning games is a key feature of a promotion side

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'll shout, I'll scream and I will cheer when at the game.......but once the match is over I will keep my powder dry for the business end of the season.

el punal

I have read several posts from people saying that we should not get carried away and get too excited. I completely disagree. We are football fans and it is times like these we have to get excited. If you contain your excitement too long then we might be caught and we might not go up and you will regret not enjoying it while we were flying high. Obviously the players need to stay focussed but for us fans it is time to dream about what might be and enjoy the position we find ourselves in.

If you are not excited now then you take some pleasing.
1) we are four points clear
2) 6 points clear of third
3) longest unbeaten run at the start of the season for us ever
4) a living legend has not only return but he has scored not just one but two late winners in the last few days
5) we have an amazing ground to call home

Yes we might not go up but if you are not thrilled to be witnessing this then you need to have a long hard look at yourself and consider why you follow football. This morning I told my young son that we had won again and his face lit up when I said Zamora had scored a late winner "again?" He said. "Yes I beamed" as I realised just how much fun this has been

Long may it continue but if it doesn't then I have loved every second of this season (apart from watching COG convert his pen at Walsall)

Guarded optimism, dear boy, and a stiff upper lip. :wink:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I want to get carried away but i'm nervous. Secretly i'm buzzing and i can't help but think about Premier league football at the Amex.

Bloody long way to go still but i'm ticking the games off in my head. 34 to go.

I also keep looking at the league table. I can spend hours just studying it and working out predictions and targets etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Today is what counts, not what might or might not happen in a few months time. I was still buzzing from Leeds, and my 'buzz' got well and truly topped up last night.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am not pessimistic, we have a great chance. But still a little cautious.

This league is simply nuts, the margins are slim, games often close and anyone can beat anyone.

A Truly fantastic start, but whilst we've drawn a few games we should've won, we've also won a few that we may of drawn.

We're not taking teams apart with the scoreline, its always 1 goal. Our strike force, whilst good, is not amazing. We're just edging games. Injuries and luck will likely change things as will the unknown of who Bloom might buy.

Its certainly a million miles removed from this time last year and better than any of us could've imagined at the end of last season.
Agree totally.

If you don't get excited now, you may miss it !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Get excited maybe but how many will become gloomy and start saying we've blown our chance when we lose our first league game. If we are to keep on winning by one goal I'm not sure my nerves will survive the season

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I want to get carried away but i'm nervous. Secretly i'm buzzing and i can't help but think about Premier league football at the Amex.

Bloody long way to go still but i'm ticking the games off in my head. 34 to go.

I also keep looking at the league table. I can spend hours just studying it and working out predictions and targets etc.

You should share those targets save me the effort...

Average points needed for
winners
auto promo
Play off
Teams that are in this position how many of them go up
Average number of wins
Assessment tof whether we played our tough games or easy games (heat map of season fixtures)

Share lol because I know what you mean

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You have benefited greatly from not playing any of the top top teams yet (correct me if i am wrong), which is great as with the lead you now have it means you don't actually need to beat Reading/Derby/Boro etc just don't lose.

The last gasp goals in the last couple of games is a very good sign, I can't see you now not going up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You have benefited greatly from not playing any of the top top teams yet (correct me if i am wrong), which is great as with the lead you now have it means you don't actually need to beat Reading/Derby/Boro etc just don't lose.

The last gasp goals in the last couple of games is a very good sign, I can't see you now not going up.
Ipswich were top when we beat them

Hull were second when we beat them

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Get excited maybe but how many will become gloomy and start saying we've blown our chance when we lose our first league game. If we are to keep on winning by one goal I'm not sure my nerves will survive the season
Just go to the match thread and see the negativity before we equalised if you want a rough idea of how many pessimists there'll be.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Today is what counts, not what might or might not happen in a few months time. I was still buzzing from Leeds, and my 'buzz' got well and truly topped up last night.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sorry thunderbolt I tried to give you a green and it went to a red. Apologies.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Guarded optimism, dear boy, and a stiff upper lip. :wink:
"Guarded optimism" is the sort of bolshy pinko talk that would have our forefathers turning in their graves.

The bookmakers currently make it 67% certain that we will NOT finish in the top 2 this season. Anyone getting geared up for automatic promotion is likely to be disappointed.

My own expectation is for another crushing defeat in the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here