Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Bristol C

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Poor, poor performance tonight. To be honest we maybe just about deserved a point.

Stockdale 7. A couple of excellent saves that kept us in the game, but his distribution was awful. To be a good keeper you need to distribute the ball to your own team mates.

Bruno 6. Back to the old Bruno. Some great stuff mixed with too many errors.

Dunk 3. Worst display I can remember seeing from a Brighton central defender. Hope it’s just a blip. Did he miss Greer’s guidance and support?

Hunemeir 5. OK.

Bong 4. A poor game by his standards.

Kayal 5. Also a poor game by his high standards.

Stephens 5. Also below par this evening.

Rosenior 6. Brilliant first 10 minutes, then faded.

March 6. Didn’t impose himself on the game. Subs bench for him on Saturday when we have Murphy and hopefully Kaz back.

Baldock 7. Should have had a hat trick. Two bad misses, but a nicely taken goal. Worked hard.

Hemed 6. OK, but needs to start scoring again.

Subs:
Crofts 7. Helped to shore things up in the middle.
Zamora 8. Did all that could be asked of a sub striker. Should have started.
Calderon – not on long enough.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Poor, poor performance tonight. To be honest we maybe just about deserved a point.

Stockdale 7. A couple of excellent saves that kept us in the game, but his distribution was awful. To be a good keeper you need to distribute the ball to your own team mates.

Dunk 3. Worst display I can remember seeing from a Brighton central defender. Hope it’s just a blip. Did he miss Greer’s guidance and support?

Hunemeir 5. OK.

March 6. Didn’t impose himself on the game. Subs bench for him on Saturday when we have Murphy and hopefully Kaz back.

Baldock 7. Should have had a hat trick. Two bad misses, but a nicely taken goal. Worked hard.

Subs:

Woah they are a bit harsh IMO.

I thought they were a good side who will easily stay up this year. They had good players all over the park especially the 22 and 15 who were very good compared to the previous we've seen this season.

I thought Dunk had a nightmare and Stephens looked off colour but everyone else played pretty well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 9
Bong 6
Dunk 5
Uwe 6

Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Rosenior 7
March 8

Hemed 6
Baldock 6

Zamora 10 ;-)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh good, I wasn't the only one who thought we were largely poor. No doubt someone will come along shortly and say 'winning when playing badly...'. For me, it is concerning how frequently that phrase has been used barely a quarter into the season.

I thought we were slow in reacting to the second ball, played like strangers at times. I thought we started to get a but more of a grip very late on, but we're still wasting chances and possession. I'm enjoying our wins, but I have not generally been enjoying the football.

Stockdale - 7 A bit rash with one or two kicks, not much chance with the goal, but a couple of big important saves
Bruno - 5 Too often when he lost the ball he didn't track back, some poor and hesitant passing
Huenemeier - 4.5 Lucky to not concede a penalty
Dunk - 4.5 At fault for the goal, poor passing
Bong - 5 Too easily dispossessed, hampered playing behind March
Rosenior - 6
Kayal - 5.5
Stephens - 5.5
March - 4.5 Lacked discipline, left Bong exposed, would come inside too often, and other than a mazy run (which he was somewhat forced into when he didn't run into space out wide when receiving the ball)
Baldock - 5 When you consider the criticisms that Barnes got, it's amazing how little Baldock has received. His struggle to score has been somewhat comical. When he did score my friend and I turned to each other and said 'own goal'. I genuinely think he didn't get enough on it to turn it goalward, and if the defender doesn't touch it, it goes wide, but haven't seen a clear replay yet.
Hemed - 4.5 Poor with his few opportunities.

Crofts - 5 Largely anonymous
Zamora - 7.5 Well taken goal, worked hard, much better than his performance v Cardiff.
Calderon - Dependable. Great tackle late on.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
G

Hunemeir 5. OK.

Subs:

We wernt at our best, but Bruno 6? He was class tonight, kayal 5? Bong 4? Have you had a few beers?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we were fairly poor but certainly weren't lucky to get a point. Either a draw or a home win were fair results based I. The game overall and chances created.

Stockdale - 9 So solid Crew
Bong - 5 poor game after he was really good at Leeds
Hune - 6 A bit 'random' at times but did ok.
Dunk - 4 Mare - but was class Saturday
Bruno - 8 Everything went through him - my Mom Altho I've rated Stockdale higher :jester:

Rosenior - 7 linked up well with Bruno
Stephens - 6 looked absolutely knackered
Kayal - 6 first time he & Stephens haven't bossed the middle. Leeds was dubious too.
March - 6 So hit and miss at times - improved as game went on

Hemed - 5.5 some nice lay offs and touches but hasn't looked as good last few games
Baldock - 6.5 2 bad misses but overall play and movement was good.

Hughton 8 - right move to go 3 in the middle - we were suddenly getting run a bit...

Zamora - 10 of course just for his name
Calde - 10 just for THAT tackle
Crofty - 6 will be starting Sat I think so good to get more game time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 9

Bruno 7
Dunk 5
Hunemeier 6
Bong 7

Rosenior 6
Kayal 6
Stephens 7
March 6

Hemed 5
Baldock 7

Zamora 9

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
When BC scored I moaned to my mate, does Stockdale ever save anything? Well he did second half- thought the 1 on 1 was a cert goal. also a super save from the turn and powerful snapshot. some of distribution was sublime, some awful (rightly held his head in hi hands at one point although I thought that was for the crowd).
Dunk looked poor (yet again imo), some stupid fouls, lost his man, poor passing, sloppy.
Bong/March combo not nearly as effective as Bong/Lua Lua, hopefully March can learn to defend as Kaz did. Some tasty footwork from Solly followed by.... wait for it.... massively over hit crossing.
Stephens' passing way off today, seems to find touch regularly, very under par.
Kayal I thought had a good game but had to force it. Centre midfield overrun a bit. Felt he had to make up for Stephens' poor display.
Hemed as others say had some good touches and flicks but powderpuff infront of goal.
Baldock again got on good positions, great movement and attacking intent but unconvincing when shooting and I thought his goal was an own goal.
Zamora continues to be our talisman, still love him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 8

Bruno 9
Bong 7
Dunk 5
Uwe 6

Kayal 7
Stephens 6
Rosenior 7
March 7

Hemed 5
Baldock 7
Crofts 6
Zamora 8
Calderon 7

Surely Bobby starts on Saturday now!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stockdale - 9
Bong - 6
Hune - 6
Dunk - 5
Bruno - 8

Rosenior - 6
Stephens - 6
Kayal - 6 .
March - 7

Hemed - 5
Baldock - 6

Crofts - 6
Zamora - 9
Calde - N/A

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is Kayal out for Saturday following that booking? Pick of a poor midfield. Why can't we take good set pieces?
Bruno deservedly MoM. Oh dear Lewis? Couldn't have got any worse could it? Defensively our worst performance for two years
Thank heavens for Bobby. Struggling to score is going to hurt us. Extra time on the training ground needed

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Kayal is out yes but Crofts should slot in there nicely. We should see Lua Lua and Murphy back. Possibly Greer also.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 8 - couple of stunning saves, some excellent distribution and a couple of howlers but he'll always do that as he's so ambitious with his kicking

Bruno 7 - yet again some real classy stuff, poss at fault for their goal
Dunk 4.5 - poor game by his standards
Hunemeier 6.5 - solid
Bong 7 - good game I thought, but seemed to run out of gas in the last 15 mins

Rosenior 6 - couldn't beat their LB for pace but some decent work
Kayal 6 - average from him. Half-think the yellow was deliberate
Stephens 6.5 - a step down from recent performances. Poor with set pieces
March 7 - too many poor final balls, but have added a mark for that incredible run he made

Hemed 5 - got into some good positions and created chances for himself but never really looked like scoring
Baldock 8.5 - MOTM for me, despite missing a couple of decent chances. Outstanding workrate, had Flint (?) on toast

Crofts 6.5 - did fine, will be interesting to see him replace Kayal on Saturday (if he does)
Zamora 8 - what can you say ? Cracking finish 'and the crowd went wild'. Would like to see him start a game with Baldock - reckon the two of them together will create loads
Calde - 6.5 - did OK

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Stockdale 7 - less to do than the opposing keeper but made the save of the match in 2nd half.

Bruno 7 - some good runs and intricate moves, thought he picked up nasty injury with 7 or 8 mins to go but seemed to run it off
Dunk 4 - swaggers around too much - beginning to believe his own press?
Hunemeier 6 - didn't notice too much so I guess didn't do too much wrong
Bong 6 - not up to recent standard, too many mistimed tackles and suffered With March being out of position too much but there's still something very dependable about him

Rosenior 6 - quiet but showed some nice touches and skill
Kayal 6 - blowed hot and cold - didn't pull the strings as he does normally
Stephens 5 - anonymous
March 5 - we need Murphy and Kaz back. Backing into Bong too much and his covering back is way too inconsistent

Hemed 4 - awful first half header when unchallenged and time. Did nothing of note and can't even hold a ball up. Needs to be on bench Saturday. Not getting it with this fella
Baldock 8 - makes some great runs and needs to be looked for more often. I won't fault him for not getting the chipped attempt, did everything else right

Crofts 6
Zamora 9 - please start Saturday

Last edited:

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
bruno and stockdale both our best players joint with me poor performance overall looked edgy and passing not as crisp as you would like dunk extremely poor tonight is it the first time him and hunemeier have started togethe?/ i cant remember but 3 points we may have been lucky tonight but look at cardiff game surely we were unlucky there swings n roundabouts buzzing for saturday now!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stockdale-8

Bruno- 7- First half 6, Second half 8
Dunk-4.5
Uwe- 6.5
Bong-6

March-5
Kayal-7
Stephens-5
Rosenior-6.5

Hemed-4- woeful
Baldock-6.5- Would be higher but needs to put those chances away in first half

Crofts-7
Zamora-9
Calde-n/a

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale 9 Clearly MotM. We won because he made 2 or 3 superb stops

Bruno 6.5 Good cross for the goal but a bit off colour

Dunk 4 Awful. Made mistake after mistake and ripped to shreds for their goal

Huenemeier 5 Better but should have probably conceded a pen

Bong 5 Out of sorts. Caught out a couple of times

Rosenior 6.5 Some great overlapping but some poor crossing

Kayal 6 Not at his best, silly booking

Stephens 6 Also not at his best

March 5 The "Old March" returned last night. Lively but some utterly hideous crossing

Hemed 5 Missed an easy-ish chance and needs a goal

Baldock 7 A nuisance all night and deserved his goal

Subs
Crofts 7 Solid and shored things up well

Zamora 8 Did everything that was asked of him and another quality finish

Overall, although we were poor individually, I thought that it was a good team performance and we deserved the win. It takes a game like tonight to realise how much of an influence Greer is though.

Final thought, 2 wins and a draw is a great return in the last three games and this period has been a real test of our squad, especially given the loss of Lua Lua and Murphy, but both are returning at the perfect time to refresh the team.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 9 MoM. Kept us in the game a couple of times - again. Extraordinarily strong hands
Bruno 7.5 Captain's performance. A few mistakes but his attitude is great. Drags us back into games
Dunk 3 Bloody hell, that was painful. As has been mentioned, he seems to need a Greer/Upson to keep him awake
Uwe 6 Adequate. Not a leader
Bong 5 Sloppy
Kayal 6 Not at his best, hopefully the rest will do him good
Stephens 6 Worked hard but also sloppy
Rosenior 6 see Stephens
March 6 Ineffective for too much of the game
Baldock 6.5 Worked hard & deserved his 'goal'. Really needs to score a couple more
Hemed 5.5 Off the pace

Crofts 6.5 Won't be on the bench for long
Bobby 8 Still doesn't look close to fit but an absolute class above. Great goal that our other forwards wouldn't have scored - again
Calde 6 Barely on the pitch but inspiringly committed when he was

Possibly not the popular view but we're not the same team without Greer. There's a reason he's been captain this long

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here