Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was That the Worst Referee This Season?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Can't think of an overall worse refereeing performance at the Amex this season. Didn't blow for obvious fouls, didn't let us play a very obvious advantage, and in the main made nonsensical decisions.

At least his errors went both ways rather than favouring one team over the other, I suppose.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Referee

Awful, wasn't he?

All over the pitch decisions were baffling. Their penalty shout should have been given. Not blowing up for their constant time wasting (until the last 5 minutes, thanks Bobby!). That drop ball nonsense at the end of the 1st half.

The bloke seemed utterly clueless.

Roll on next season when there's full time Championship refs!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Iain Williamson who works for a Bristol-based company?

The same Bristol-based company as myself and [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION]?

I thought he had a fine game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was fecking useless however when a team starts to waste time after 19 minutes they get what they deserve

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Worse ref performance of the season , hopefully that was his first and last game at the amex

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Could have given a pen against us, I saw it as a pen tbh... thank goodness he was sh1t for that decision too...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All he had to do was bang a yellow straight at one of the twats who was time wasting after 20mins - job done and authority stamped. I loved Stockdale taking 30 secs to take a goal kick at end. Absolute justice. And did Kayal really move forward before the bloke took the quick free kick?! Suspended now...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't knock it! He didn't give them a penalty which by all accounts they might well have had a legitimate claim to. And he booked Kayal right on cue to ensure he's ready for the Reading game.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Awful. Still can't believe the challenge from behind on Baldock? That would have been a yellow card in the 80's and he waved play on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And did Kayal really move forward before the bloke took the quick free kick?! Suspended now...

That was one of the worst decisions he made tonight*. Kayal CLEARLY didn't charge until the Brizzle player had tapped it to the other one. Perfectly fair challenge and a disgrace he got booked for it. :nono:

* to be fair, I am in WSU so couldn't really tell if it was a Brizzle pen or not

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was one of the worst decisions he made tonight*. Kayal CLEARLY didn't charge until the Brizzle player had tapped it to the other one. Perfectly fair challenge and a disgrace he got booked for it. :nono:

* to be fair, I am in WSU so couldn't really tell if it was a Brizzle pen or not

Yes everyone on our coach seemed to agree with you. I'd rather he was suspended for Preston than Reading tbh though :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Wasn't a pen. When you see the highlights there was no contact between the players. Good decision from the ref.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Wasn't a pen. When you see the highlights there was no contact between the players. Good decision from the ref.

Agreed the player stopped his movement and took a dive over the on coming leg. His natural movement would have taken him past the challenge. Still a close one and could have easily been given.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here