Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains tonite

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bravo Southern and especially Andy Gardner who works for Southern and in charge of tonites train debacle.

You absolute bellend letting HALF EMPTY trains leave Falmer. You div. Seriously get a man with a megaphone to shout "move down the effing train" to the cretins that block the doors.

You could get LOADS more on. Im speaking to your manager....even tho you refused to give his name.

Also Andy I would suggest as part of your training you visit London Bridge at 5pm and see what a busy train looks like as sadly we wont be playing Palace where you are packed in like sardines at Norwood.

Cretin.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A few punches were thrown at Falmer, lots of crowd pushing and police getting shoved around in it all, luckily no one fell onto the tracks

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Distinct lack of trains going East. Massive queues on the bridge. Surely it can't be that hard to lay on a couple of extra trains.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Southern ****ed it up as per usual.
Poor crowd management and 20+mins between trains

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Distinct lack of trains going East. Massive queues on the bridge. Surely it can't be that hard to lay on a couple of extra trains.
Yes game finished at 21.43, just leaving station now 22.30 after leaving at the end of the match. Trains are a joke always sours the attendance at the amex even when we win. So much easier getting away from the away matches.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The police and southern were being muppets and we're making the gap even smaller, kept telling us to slow down when we were being pushed from behind. imbeciles.

Also what did a train turn up when no fans were on the platform

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I started a thread on this after the last home game on a tues Vs Rotherham. Where a mostly empty 8 Carriage train left before the final whistle.
and the football special heading east was only 3 carriages..

People are going to get hurt, maybe even pushed under the train, F*****g Ridiculous!
SORT IT OUT!.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I got shoved into a copper who then told me to "Slow the traffic".

All fun and games though!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Then to make matters worse they start to pack the trains when actually if you had done what I suggest it wont be so dangerous.

Idiotic man.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
A train pulled up at Falmer to an empty platform tonight and that caused a massive surge for everybody to try and get onto that train.
Very poorly organised at both stations - Brighton and Falmer. The club really need to review the train operations for midweek games promptly. The matchdays experience is being ruined by those helmets at Southern Rail and Falmer train station marshals.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes game finished at 21.43, just leaving station now 22.30 after leaving at the end of the match.

I ambled from the South end of the East Upper after the final whistle to the bus stop on the A27 by Falmer station, caught a 25X bus to St Peters Church, walked to the train station and got the 22.30 train to Hassocks.

It seems crazy that I could have still been at Falmer at that time if I'd opted for the train all the way!

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
A train pulled up at Falmer to an empty platform tonight and that caused a massive surge for everybody to try and get onto that train.
Very poorly organised at both stations - Brighton and Falmer. The club really need to review the train operations for midweek games promptly. The matchdays experience is being ruined by those helmets at Southern Rail and Falmer train station marshals.

The surge was caused by the marshalls not letting anyone on the platform after the previous train had left. Only when the next train arrived did they start letting people on the platform.

theboybilly

Yes game finished at 21.43, just leaving station now 22.30 after leaving at the end of the match. Trains are a joke always sours the attendance at the amex even when we win. So much easier getting away from the away matches.

A bit harsh this. it's a midweek game so not so many hang back at the end on the concourses etc so the queues are bound to be longer. As for away games I totally disagree that is easier getting away. For example Bolton had no trains to anywhere when we played up there so it was a slow bus journey to Preston. As it will be at Burnley. The other year the trains were naff for a rearranged fixture at Reading. Even the' awayday of the Gods' at Brentford can have it's transport problems.
I don't think we do at all badly at Falmer, Saturdays usually pass without too much difficulty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got a bit more of a buffeting than usual in the queue this evening as we squeezed through the gap onto the WB platform...glad I didn't have any children or midgets in my charge.

But I was in Churchill Sq by 10.35 enjoying a cheeky Kronenbourg in the Prince of Wales in time for my 11.08 Coastline 700. Its a superb way to end the evening. I can't recommend it enough.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
A bit harsh this. it's a midweek game so not so many hang back at the end on the concourses etc so the queues are bound to be longer. As for away games I totally disagree that is easier getting away. For example Bolton had no trains to anywhere when we played up there so it was a slow bus journey to Preston. As it will be at Burnley. The other year the trains were naff for a rearranged fixture at Reading. Even the' awayday of the Gods' at Brentford can have it's transport problems.
I don't think we do at all badly at Falmer, Saturdays usually pass without too much difficulty.
If you drive at away games you will find it much easier!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Bravo Southern and especially Andy Gardner who works for Southern and in charge of tonites train debacle.

You absolute bellend letting HALF EMPTY trains leave Falmer. You div. Seriously get a man with a megaphone to shout "move down the effing train" to the cretins that block the doors.

You could get LOADS more on. Im speaking to your manager....even tho you refused to give his name.

Also Andy I would suggest as part of your training you visit London Bridge at 5pm and see what a busy train looks like as sadly we wont be playing Palace where you are packed in like sardines at Norwood.

Cretin.

7/10 for a TMLS RANT

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People were standing in doorways instead of moving down the carriage. We asked them to move down so that more could get on, but one bloke sullenly replied,' I'm not moving'.
My other half is quite a big built fella, so he moved past him, making sure Mr Sullen did have step out of the way, so enabling the carriage to fill up.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Quite a bad travel evening, finally made it home just after 1am on a very slow train ... puts me off the midweek games I'm afraid

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here