Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knighthoods who do you propose ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Playing in Buxton in and going with her indoors. January. Class. ******* Class.:thumbsup:

I recognise most of those words, but I can't fathom the meaning of them in that order.

In answer to the question in the thread title, Stephen Hawking.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Stephen Fry
Stephen Hawking
Probably also about time to give Becks his seemingly inevitable knighthood

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
John Surtees.

The only rider / driver to have won World Championships on two and four wheels.

Four times World motorcycle champion, then won the Formula 1 tile for Ferrari.

Did extremely well to survive that era, when many did not. Then tragically lost his own son Henry in a freak racing accident.

Then became a racing car constructor and has been a long term ambassador for various charities. Seems a decent and down to earth bloke too.

Curiously Stirling Moss has been knighted as an icon of British motorsport, but never won the F1 World Championship. Although he did narrowly concede it to Mike Hawthorn, not something that would readily happen today. Moss might be the Beckham of his day - talented, fashionable and newsworthy etc but never quite achieved the ultimate success in his sport. However Moss does have that epic Mille Miglia victory which was a real feat, so no problem in my book.

IMHO it would not seem right to see Beckham gain a Knighthood before an achiever like Surtees, but I guess John does not enjoy the same profile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the club should be getting some national recognition for it's handling of the Shoreham disaster.

To be that faultless and so completely in sync with an entire community, for so long, over such a raw time is virtually impossible.
It's not something the local paper or selfie taking police force could manage.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jeremy Corbyn for services to the Conservative party. He probably wouldn't turn up but if he did could her Maj resist lopping his head off ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here