Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay marriage: 15,000 same-sex couples wed since law change

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
BBC News

More than 15,000 same-sex marriages have taken place since it became legal in England and Wales, the first official statistics have revealed.The Office for National Statistics (ONS) confirmed a total of 15,098 couples had legally married since 2014.
Of those, 7,366 were marriages while 7,732 accounted for conversions from civil partnerships.
The number of couples opting for civil partnerships fell by 70% between 2013 and 2014 it found.
Same-sex marriage became legal just after midnight on 29 March 2014, with several couples opting to tie the knot moments afterwards

19 months since the law was passed, we haven't seen the collapse of heterosexual marriage or society disintegrating or the 'Wrath of God coming down' as portrayed by the evangelical/pentecostal/charismatic/catholic doom-mongers of the Christian faith.

I reckon within a decade, people will be saying 'what was all the fuss about?' and 'heterosexual' and 'gay' marriage will be accepted as just 'marriage'.

Thank-goodness for progress. Thank-goodness we didn't heed the protestations of the Christian Church.

Jan 30, 2008
BBC News

More than 15,000 same-sex marriages have taken place since it became legal in England and Wales, the first official statistics have revealed.The Office for National Statistics (ONS) confirmed a total of 15,098 couples had legally married since 2014.
Of those, 7,366 were marriages while 7,732 accounted for conversions from civil partnerships.
The number of couples opting for civil partnerships fell by 70% between 2013 and 2014 it found.
Same-sex marriage became legal just after midnight on 29 March 2014, with several couples opting to tie the knot moments afterwards

19 months since the law was passed, we haven't seen the collapse of heterosexual marriage or society disintegrating or the 'Wrath of God coming down' as portrayed by the evangelical/pentecostal/charismatic/catholic doom-mongers of the Christian faith.

I reckon within a decade, people will be saying 'what was all the fuss about?' and 'heterosexual' and 'gay' marriage will be accepted as just 'marriage'.

Thank-goodness for progress. Thank-goodness we didn't heed the protestations of the Christian Church.
yep and an increase of HIV in gay and bi sexual men ........... keep it real !!!!!
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I think the resident fairy would think they might catch HIV. Reading his posts makes me wonder if he was a tabloid journalist in the 1980s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here