Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The street food kiosks will not be in operation for this fixture.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Seems to be a line in every recent pre match brief now.

Were they the pizza and pulled pork outlets that I saw at one of the games or something different?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No mention of a guest pie either.

In fact, will there be any pies at all, or have they already 'sold out' ? ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003

Bloody hell, I hope not. I have a Brazilian guest with me tonight that I am hoping to introduce to an English football pie

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I was told at the Rotherham game that they don't do guest pies at evening games because they don't sell as many as for Saturday games.

I told them I thought they must have their stats back to front.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was told at the Rotherham game that they don't do guest pies at evening games because they don't sell as many as for Saturday games.

I can see a certain sense in the idea that people might eat more at an evening game. But I suspect, if they don't sell as well, it 's that most people get home from work, have dinner, head to football and are too full, whereas saturdays are a long day, meet mates in town for drinks, or maybe you have lunch at twelve then there's a few hours until kick off. You also have to factor in crowds being down for midweek games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I agree. Surely there are quite a few rushing straight from work without time to eat ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can see a certain sense in the idea that people might eat more at an evening game. But I suspect, if they don't sell as well, it 's that most people get home from work, have dinner, head to football and are too full, whereas saturdays are a long day, meet mates in town for drinks, or maybe you have lunch at twelve then there's a few hours until kick off. You also have to factor in crowds being down for midweek games.

You of course assume that all fans travel from Brighton.

I guess piglets can't be bothered as MK Dons are away tonight and on Saturday

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well I guess we'll see if the pie situation is good tonight, or shoddy.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Seems to be a line in every recent pre match brief now.

Were they the pizza and pulled pork outlets that I saw at one of the games or something different?

They are those outlets yes. They said at the start of the season that they wouldn't be in use for evening games (presumably as people are at the ground for less time), but they do seem to have tailed off a bit in generally. If they're not there on Saturday then I'm fairly sure the concept has died.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Slightly off-topic but why have the pre-match brief emails gone from containing, you know, the pre-match brief to now just being full of advertiser logos and having no actual content?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Slightly off-topic but why have the pre-match brief emails gone from containing, you know, the pre-match brief to now just being full of advertiser logos and having no actual content?

I think most of the season. Bit daft that you now have to click through to get the briefing.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
They are those outlets yes. They said at the start of the season that they wouldn't be in use for evening games (presumably as people are at the ground for less time), but they do seem to have tailed off a bit in generally. If they're not there on Saturday then I'm fairly sure the concept has died.

There's one tonight between the south and west stand

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Got there nice and early and Brazilian guest enjoyed the steak pie although I noticed he broke off most of the pie crust, not so much the Harveys. He wanted another at half time but the shelves were empty in the WSU block H outlet.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Still failing to train staff. I was queing up for a bottle of water and the bloke infront of me asked for a tea.

"Thats £2.10 then please Sir"
Man hands her a £10 note, and a 10p coin.
"And here is your change"
"But... that's 20p. It should be £8"
"Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the 10p you gave me" (Yeah, i have no idea either)

Just as i am paying, he comes back.

"This tea is completly full, i can't possibly put any milk in" (It was filled to the brim)
"Oh, okay. Erm, erm, I'll pour you a knew one" - "here"
"Nope, that's exactly the same as the last one, completly full again."
"Oh, yeah, sorry I'll pour some out" - "Here you go Sir, I am sorry about that"

At this point the Tea was litterally half full, but i think the bloke had had enough so accepted it. My payment went through fine.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
How WSU central kiosks ran out of Chicken & Chorizo pies 10 minutes into half time was a disgrace.

I was forced to eat my unwelcome steak pie in disdain.

PB's going to get an earful this morning when he opens his emails.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I didn't have time to eat before heading off to the game last night, so decided I'd grab something at the Amex which I rarely do. Wanted a sweet & sour noodles like I had last season but none anywhere, so decided on a cheeseburger instead. It was the first burger I've had since opening day against Doncaster....and they haven't improved.
I honestly think it was the most horrendous thing I have ever had in my life, and most of it went into the bin despite it being £6.80 inc. & a bottle of coke. I spent the next 2 hours feeling really sick and was tempted to go into the loos to bring it back up - it was that bad.
I wish I had just gone hungry now...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I didn't have time to eat before heading off to the game last night, so decided I'd grab something at the Amex which I rarely do. Wanted a sweet & sour noodles like I had last season but none anywhere, so decided on a cheeseburger instead. It was the first burger I've had since opening day against Doncaster....and they haven't improved.
I honestly think it was the most horrendous thing I have ever had in my life, and most of it went into the bin despite it being £6.80 inc. & a bottle of coke. I spent the next 2 hours feeling really sick and was tempted to go into the loos to bring it back up - it was that bad.
I wish I had just gone hungry now...

I made this mistake at the Rotherham game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here