Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adults/Halloween/ adults dressing up on general.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've noticed in the last few years the practise of adults going absolutely bonkers with fancy dress events for Halloween. In fact adults dressing up seems to have got massive of late with cosplay etc.

I don't mind a fancy dress party/pub night but people seem to go to extraordinary lengths to one-up their chums. Do you partake?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Of course. Done properly it's a laugh.

Cue the miserable sods, and those who are far too cool for all that.......

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Queue the miserable sods, and those who are far too cool for all that.......

I agree it's a laugh but I can rarely be arsed to make that much effort. I can barely be arsed to throw a suit on for a wedding so I'm unlikely to spend 4 months crafting a zombie Optimus Prime costume.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Halloween really pisses me off. They've got bloody Halloween Fireworks at Fontwell Park. That's NOT why we have fireworks at this time of year*.

*unless you saw the documentary about Boudicca on BBC4 recently, in which case maybe it is.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Getting the first train out of Brighton one November 1st a few years ago I was amazed at the amount of slutty zombie nurses/nuns that were obviously on their way home from a night on the town. Actually come to think of it that's a standard morning at Brighton station anyway.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not bothered with fancy dress since me and the Mrs got invited to a 1970's style new years eve party a few years back. We got done up as punks and shortly after turning up realised we'd not read the back of the invite that said it was an Abba theme (the woman was a big "Mamma Mia" fan).

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Friends of ours are having a h'ween party and we're expected/everyone else will dress up. It's a new 'celebration' for me, but having recently gone absolutley all in for Secret Cinema, I'll try to do same for this.
#muses if theres such thing as a grave digger Rebel pilot..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The last real effort I made was to go as Han Solo Hoth costume. I got all the components in form Amazon and by my own admission, it looked effing awesome. I prob spent about 60 quid on bits and bobs for it. The party was cancelled.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Cue the miserable sods, and those who are far too cool for all that.......

Too right I am far too fxxkin cool for that sxxt! Who wants to look like cxxt anyway?

(Halloween = American rubbish, Xmas = Bah Humbug, Nov 5th = Far too noisy n dangerous, what about the anlmals, Mothers day card = waste of money, Baby Shower = WTF?) Miserable? Moi?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm more a fan of Nov 5th. Boots and scarves, black peas in vinegar, jack frost nipping at your nose. Whizz bang, oohs and ahhhs then On to the local for an ale.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
trick or treating is referred to in Shakespeare's Two Gentlemen of Verona bit of pointless trivia there.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Hartlepool know how to do fancy dress properly.

TWITTER%20PICTURE%20OF%20HARTLEPOOL%20FANS%20IN%20SMURFS%20FANCY%20DRESS%20TRAVELLING%20TO%20AND.jpg1367165609-BI2YtozCcA-o.jpg

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I agree it's a laugh but I can rarely be arsed to make that much effort. I can barely be arsed to throw a suit on for a wedding so I'm unlikely to spend 4 months crafting a zombie Optimus Prime costume.

I'm sure you wouldn't have to make that much of an effort for Halloween, nibble. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here