Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"London" Taxis

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just seen that a brand new LTI taxi (the traditional "Black Cab") costs £39,995. nearly FORTY THOUSAND POUNDS. In comparison an E-class Mercedes weighs in at just over £36000.

When I order a taxi and a black cab turns up, I'm disappointed because they're uncomfortable and have a terrible ride. Contrast this with when a Merc turns up; I know I'll get a smooth and comfortable journey.

Why (outside London) would anyone buy and run a Black Cab ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its built for wheelchair accessibility which can sometimes be required to get a new taxi plate rather than having to buy an existing one, depending on a local authorities rules. Adapted vehicles are often dearer and much worse.

Birmingham seems to require all taxis to be wheelchair accessible and the new LTI taxis there are vastly superior to the adapted vans and ancient Metrocabs knocking around

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just seen that a brand new LTI taxi (the traditional "Black Cab") costs £39,995. nearly FORTY THOUSAND POUNDS. In comparison an E-class Mercedes weighs in at just over £36000.

When I order a taxi and a black cab turns up, I'm disappointed because they're uncomfortable and have a terrible ride. Contrast this with when a Merc turns up; I know I'll get a smooth and comfortable journey.

Why (outside London) would anyone buy and run a Black Cab ?

Fake Taxi ....!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would anyone buy and run a Black Cab ?

The perfect item if you fancy spending a day spouting shit to strangers about absolutely every topic under the sun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here