Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion striker urges fans not to judge him on goals alone [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion striker Sam Baldock has urged fans to judge him on performances, not just goals, as he collides with former club Bristol City at the Amex tonight.
Baldock has gone nine games without scoring since his only goal so far this season at Fulham but has struck up an effective partnership with Tomer Hemed for the table-topping Seagulls after spending much of last season as an emergency left-winger.
Baldock told The Argus: “I’m playing in a position where I like to be playing, in a two, playing with a bit of freedom as well because Tomer’s allowing me to get into different positions or find spaces elsewhere.
“I’m not scoring the goals that perhaps strikers get judged on but if I’m not contributing on the pitch then I’d be the first to say I’m struggling and not really doing anything.
“But I gain confidence in creating chances and working hard within the shape of the team.”
Baldock, bought for a £1.5 million-plus package last summer following 36 goals in 93 games for Bristol, warns his old club are in a false position towards the foot of the table after exhibiting their capabilities in Friday night’s 2-0 home win against Nottingham Forest.
He said: “They are a very good team, I know that first hand. I know pretty much all their players on a personal level as well so I know how good they are.
“They have been playing well from what I’m hearing and not picking up the results. On Friday we saw they started really quick and were a threat throughout the game. I think we have to be wary of that.
“They are going to be well organised but also with great pace in attack. The press will come high and fast and I don’t think we can take anything for granted. They are a strong outfit, one that I tip to be in the top half of the table this season.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here