Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family Friendly Pubs Showing Burnley Match With Good Roasts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Burnley away getting moved is a shocker for our loyal away fans for sure. It does, however, mean I can see the game which falls on my birthday weekend in a BOOZER. Unfortunately I now have BINLIDS and so do my friends and, as it kicks off Sunday lunchtime we will all need FEEDING.

Can anyone recommend a pub in central Hove or central Brighton that would be showing the match, could easily deal with a group of 16 or so including NIPPERS and does a half decent roast?

If it was just a family friendly lunch I would have several places to go to. Ditto if it was blokes watching the match. Combining the two is causing a bit of grief however.

Before anyone says it I am NOT going to the CLIFTONVILLE for a SAUSAGE.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wonder if you booked it the Nelson would oblige?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whatever the Blue Lagoon is now called is the only pub I can think of that offers food and football.

Must be others.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The Sussex , Hove ( near King Alfred)

Big pub that shows football and does food, not sure about roasts though as I've only been on a Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Does the Downs Hotel at Woodingdean have Sky? I know they do meals, but we're up at the Racecourse on a Sunday morning, so that would be ideal.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Savannah cafe bar Haywards Heath will be starting Sunday Roast soon and a new 65 inch TV + two 55 TVinch home of Mid Sussex Seagulls. You would be welcome and children friendly.

Does the Downs Hotel at Woodingdean have Sky? I know they do meals, but we're up at the Racecourse on a Sunday morning, so that would be ideal.

Sort of in the locale if you driving, I think the White Horse (Rottingdean) has Sky, I'm sure you'll get a roast and they do let kids in. It not one I use regularly so it doesn't come with my personal recommendation

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Palmera? Just been done up cant imagine food is top quality but plenty of TVs and room
To hide the kids.

Pretty hard to find a decent pub in Hove that shows football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Cheers for the suggestions so far :thumbsup:

Got to be somewhere in Hove or Brighton near public transport. Junior will be playing footy in Shoreham till about 12. Sussex looks a good shout, massive, central, near my brother and food the kids will eat is the most important.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Cheers for the suggestions so far :thumbsup:

Got to be somewhere in Hove or Brighton near public transport. Junior will be playing footy in Shoreham till about 12. Sussex looks a good shout, massive, central, near my brother and food the kids will eat is the most important.

That's a shame you could of tried Burwash nice couple of pubs in Kent:facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
doesn't affect me because i'm not even in the country but please, for the sake of everyone else, post your chosen location on this thread ahead of time...

:lolol:

I think I'm sort of with you. If the Government had had the decency to keep pubs as over 18s only I could have got shitfaced with my mates while the Mrs cleaned the house, cooked something wholesome for my return and played rounders with the children in the back garden,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't know if it's central enough for you, but The Bear, at the bottom of Bear Road, has roasts on a Sunday and is a good football pub. Don't know about being kid friendly though ... but it does serve Harveys

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Windmill in Upper north street, even has a private room that would accommodate you all.

If you popped in or rang up I'm sure they would reserve an area for you as they normally seem to reserve tables.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Sussex is the clear winner here, by a mile. 15 minutes from Shoreham, doddle to get to, decent grubbage and plenty of tellyboxes.

And if SOME of the 16 are not into the soccerball, then they can easily be BINNED OFF to the seafront to get an icecream or sumfink.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here