Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League statement on Massimo Cellino

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...league-statement-massimo-cellino-2752570.aspx

At its recent meeting, the Board of The Football League (with the exception of Chief Executive Shaun Harvey who declared an interest*) considered the position of Leeds United President Massimo Cellino under its Owners' and Directors' test.

In June, Mr Cellino was found guilty by a Court in Sardinia of an offence under Italian tax legislation relating to the non-payment of VAT on the importation of a Land Rover vehicle. This resulted in a fine of €40,000 and the confiscation of the vehicle in question.

Having considered detailed legal advice and the Court’s reasoned judgment, as supplied by Mr Cellino, the Board determined that the decision of the Italian Court constitutes a disqualifying condition under the Owners' and Directors' test.

Mr Cellino has until October 28 to appeal against the Board's decision. Any such appeal would be heard by an independent panel.

The League will make no further comment at this time.

*Shaun Harvey was Chief Executive and a Director of Leeds United between 2004 and 2013.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, in the space of 48 hours, they've:

Set a new club record, for longest run of home games without a win (11)
Sacked their 5th manager in 18 months.
Seen their owner banned from football (for the second time in a year).

Impressive stuff.

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
So he sacked Rosler, employed Evans and 12 minutes later Cellino is disqualified.

I mean I want to feel sorry for the fans, but I don't and find it all a bit hilarious.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its apparent Cellino is not a fit and proper person to have any role in the ownership of a football club giving his previous form and the findings of the committee.

However, as its Leeds, the FL should overlook these facts and let Mr Cellino carry on his fine work.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As hilarious as this is, I find it ridiculous that the FA come down so heavily on someone because they forgot to pay tax on a land-rover compared to some of the heinous shit some of the ludicrously wealthy premier league club owners get up to it or have done under their name.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As hilarious as this is, I find it ridiculous that the FA come down so heavily on someone because they forgot to pay tax on a land-rover compared to some of the heinous shit some of the ludicrously wealthy premier league club owners get up to it or have done under their name.

[tweet]656159531911770112[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here