Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slaven Billic

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
just had a quiet lunchtime drink in canary wharf when this guy rocks up in the bar with a push chair baby girl in side and asks would we mind minding it while he goes upstairs for a Jimmy. (not his words ) It is Slaven Billic (spelling) comes back down a minute or so later says thank you . My mate and me sought of take the piss asking if its his day job and he explains in eastern European English that its his day off . We then ask him if he would like a drink and he says yeah but outside as he wants a ciggy . Quick glass of vino outside and he saying that loving London again and loves West ham . But then i guess he would have to say that . Seemed a very ordinary guy no designer gear but did shop at waitrose and loved a ciggy . . Found it quite sureal .

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
you are not wrong HKFC he looks a mean dude but was fairly pleasant

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He just leaves his baby in a bar with two complete strangers while he goes for a waz ?

Blimey.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I really like him. Always honest in interviews, passionate and seems to be a good manager.

The compliments he gave Pardew after beating Palace, followed by Pardew's reaction said a lot to me about the difference between the two men.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I really like him. Always honest in interviews, passionate and seems to be a good manager.

The compliments he gave Pardew after beating Palace, followed by Pardew's reaction said a lot to me about the difference between the two men.

Pardew's comments after that game were nothing short of pathetic. The ref "ruined everyone's afternoon". He was "an experienced ref who should have had it in mind (that Gayle was on a yellow) and maybe given him a warning". Two absolutely ridiculous, cast iron yellow card challenges from Gayle, left the ref no choice whatsoever. He knew it, Gayle knew it, the other Palace players knew it. Pardew once again making himself look a prick.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He just leaves his baby in a bar with two complete strangers while he goes for a waz ?

Blimey.

My mate and i were joking how we could graffiti the pram with Blue and white he is Chelsea unfortunately .In billic defence not the sought of place you could dive out of easily

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I've never much cared for Bilic since the World Cup semi-final against France, where he conned the ref and got Laurent Blanc sent off by going down rolling around clutching his face, pretending he'd been hit. Blanc was suspended from the World Cup Final because of that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Personally I've never much cared for Bilic since the World Cup semi-final against France, where he conned the ref and got Laurent Blanc sent off by going down rolling around clutching his face, pretending he'd been hit. Blanc was suspended from the World Cup Final because of that.

Hark at Mr FARE Play, I would CHEAT all the time if it meant we WON

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He was probably hoping you would run off with the child. Instead of saying how nice he is, you should be reporting him to social services for leaving his child with strangers in a bar

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7118055 said:
Whenever I hear of Slaven Bilic I think of very ill fitting suits.

Not far wrong but it was scruffy jeans not designer looked shabby and dirty and scruffy trainers

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Perhaps in Croatia there is more of a culture with trust regarding children in such a scenario? We have quite a distrustful culture in the UK in general. You probably looked a decent sort and maybe that is enough.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Perhaps in Croatia there is more of a culture with trust regarding children in such a scenario? We have quite a distrustful culture in the UK in general. You probably looked a decent sort and maybe that is enough.

Dont get me wrong ! we were not going to leave our recently ordered chilled chablis !!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I used to work in Canary Wharf in South Quay, across from those big apartments there. I would regularly see Sam Allardyce looking scruffy as wandering around South Quay plaza. Can only assume West Ham have a few apartments there

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm out for a drink near Canary Wharf pier in about half an hour - I'll keep any eye out for him. :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pardew's comments after that game were nothing short of pathetic. The ref "ruined everyone's afternoon". He was "an experienced ref who should have had it in mind (that Gayle was on a yellow) and maybe given him a warning". Two absolutely ridiculous, cast iron yellow card challenges from Gayle, left the ref no choice whatsoever. He knew it, Gayle knew it, the other Palace players knew it. Pardew once again making himself look a prick.

Seems to have forgotten the first game of the season at Norwich quite quickly. All evens itself out.........................................apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here