Is it true?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1445267039764.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
More likely, but it doesn't ensure people won't start their own thread on something already posted. You also have to remember that sometimes people can take so long to write up their post that by the time they click the 'post' button, someone has come along and posted a shorter message.

You also get some threads titles that don't catch the eye or are not as clear, so while people look to see if something has been posted before, they don't see it.

Some people also feel their take on a particulat topic is distinct enough from a current thread that it is better to post it in its own thread to protect both takes.

Some people just don't care about keeping the board uncluttered/can't be bothered to check and just go ahead and post things just so they can up their threads started count.

If it bothers you that much, report the posts, and include the urls of duplicate threads and ask the moderators to merge them. If they feel it's appropriate they'll do it, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
More like, but it doesn't ensure people won't start their own thread on something already posted. You also have to remember that sometimes people can take so long to write up their post that by the time they click the 'post' button, someone has come along and posted a shorter message.

You also get some threads titles that don't catch the eye or are not as clear, so while people look to see if something has been posted before, they don't see it.

Some people also feel their take on a particulat topic is distinct enough from a current thread that it is better to post it in its own thread to protect both takes.

Some people just don't care about keeping the board uncluttered/can't be bothered to check and just go ahead and post things just so they can up their threads started count.

If it bothers you that much, report the posts, and include the urls of duplicate threads and ask the moderators to merge them. If they feel it's appropriate they'll do it, I'm sure.

frabz-sir-yes-sir-3d0bcd.jpg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
More likely, but it doesn't ensure people won't start their own thread on something already posted. You also have to remember that sometimes people can take so long to write up their post that by the time they click the 'post' button, someone has come along and posted a shorter message.

Feck me that was the most boring post I have ever read------------------------apart from the OP's of course:moo:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh shit! I've just read all of this............................................

Likewise... in the vain hope of finding something original and witty :nono:

School boy error! Instead, switch to hybrid display mode, look at the contributors and then assess the thread's worth :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I fear there is a small NSC element that seek "top of the front page" status and will purposely create a drivel thread safe in the knowledge that other folk will respond [with anything] to say what a crap thread it is.

Whilst said OP's do achieve [temporarily] the elevated status they seek, in doing so, they also quickly develop a less desirable status of crap thread starter - perhaps they don't care about the latter, after all, results are more important than entertainment [aka quality]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here