Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Women

Previous efforts at posting this to an existing thread on the subject seem to have vanished into the ether due to some NSC problems earlier this evening around 20:00.

Portsmouth 2 Albion 3 this afternoon! Undefeated and top of their division, sound familiar?

:albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we go up will it be back to the 'top flight'? I'm sure we were once in the top div a fair few years back...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Irrelevant. Not interested. Why do we even have a women's team? It's hardly as though we're bringing potential players through to the first team. A bunch of PC nonsense.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If we go up will it be back to the 'top flight'? I'm sure we were once in the top div a fair few years back...

If we go up it would be to Woman's Premier League National division which is the 3rd level on the pyramid in the Woman's league system. The woman's super league sits above the premier league, although at moment there is no promotion and relegation between WSL and WPL, but this is planned for 2016.

Let's hope they do and we celebrate double promotion come end of season. Sadly get the feeling that one or two consider they ought to have all been at home getting their partner's tea ready on a Sunday afternoon :(

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If we go up it would be to Woman's Premier League National division which is the 3rd level on the pyramid in the Woman's league system. The woman's super league sits above the premier league, although at moment there is no promotion and relegation between WSL and WPL, but this is planned for 2016.

Not sure how they will manage that with the leagues being out of sync. The WPL has only just started, the WSL has just finished.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Irrelevant. Not interested. Why do we even have a women's team? It's hardly as though we're bringing potential players through to the first team. A bunch of PC nonsense.

Absolutely.

None of those kids with downs syndrome, or the powerchair players, or the girls teams, or the futsal side, or the AITC guys are ever going to get near the first team either. Bin the lot off I say. What is the point of all this 'community' nonsense? As you rightly say - its PC gone mad.

Absolutely.

None of those kids with downs syndrome, or the powerchair players, or the girls teams, or the futsal side, or the AITC guys are ever going to get near the first team either. Bin the lot off I say. What is the point of all this 'community' nonsense? As you rightly say - its PC gone mad.

Are you seriously likening Albion Ladies to the Disabled, special needs Albion football teams?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you seriously likening Albion Ladies to the Disabled, special needs Albion football teams?

On the single criteria, that [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] used to dismiss their worth (that none of their players could ever progress to the Albion first team), yes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the single criteria, that [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] used to dismiss their worth (that none of their players could ever progress to the Albion first team), yes.

According to goldstone's criterion, you wouldn't have pub teams as all those overweight, hungover twenty and thirty-somethings are never going to make a career in the game. Let's just tarmac over Waterhall now

Absolutely.

And why do we play first team games at a stadium that holds 30,000 people? Quite unnecessary, since almost none of that number contribute anything to winning first team matches. Even the money they spend is pointless, since Tony Bloom is so rich that he could fund as much success as he wants.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely.

All the other stuff you mention is helping the disadvantaged and is seen as good stuff for the club to be doing. I've no problem with that.

But I don't see why the club puts time and effort into running a women's team. I don't believe the majority of Albion supporters have any interest whatsoever in women's football and I don't see the upside for the club. Incidentally, has anyone any idea how big the "crowds" are for their home games? 50 for a big game??

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
All the other stuff you mention is helping the disadvantaged and is seen as good stuff for the club to be doing. I've no problem with that.

But I don't see why the club puts time and effort into running a women's team. I don't believe the majority of Albion supporters have any interest whatsoever in women's football and I don't see the upside for the club. Incidentally, has anyone any idea how big the "crowds" are for their home games? 50 for a big game??

So you can have wheelchair football, or futsal, or walking football, but if you're a woman - forget it, right?

You're not exactly making a compelling case for backing up your misogyny.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So lets get this straight. Premier League area winner gets promoted to Premier League National. Winner of Premier National goes to Super League Two, winner of Super League Two gets promoted to Super Legue One, which is top of the pile. Is this correct, I've been trying to figure it out for some time, very confusing as most things involving Women. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here