Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RWC how close they came

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I started out today thinking Ireland would beat Argentina and the Aussies would thrash Scotland.

How wrong!
Argentina showed how good they have become from playing against the top 3 teams on the Championship.
I actually wanted the Aussies to win because of Nicola Sturgeon and her anti English stance but could not help myself cheering for the Scots at the end. Brilliant effort and so unlucky. One bad line out at the end cost them the match.
The 6 Nations will be interesting. On WRC form England will be lucky to finish 4th!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I actually wanted the Aussies to win because of Nicola Sturgeon and her anti English stance but could not help myself cheering for the Scots at the end.

What on earth has that got to do with the RWC? Ever considered changing your username from maltaseagull to maltacock :tosser:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not really cos TMO could have over ruled him surely. Surprised but pleased Ireland lost and delighted Scotland did.

The TMO WOULD have over-ruled him on that last penalty; that's why it's so controversial that he didn't bother going upstairs for what was a game deciding decision.

I'm ****ing livid at how unjust the result of that game was, and I'm English!!! It showed pure class and restraint from the Scotland captain and coach to not make a deal of it after the game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What on earth has that got to do with the RWC? Ever considered changing your username from maltaseagull to maltacock :tosser:

I wanted the Scots to win today. They are British, part of the UK and I could never support the Aussies over them. Desperately unlucky today. (Even though I appreciate the Scots would never support us if the roles were reversed.)

Separate subject, I do take the point about Sturgeon and her anti English rhetoric, but that's for a different thread.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The TMO WOULD have over-ruled him on that last penalty; that's why it's so controversial that he didn't bother going upstairs for what was a game deciding decision.

I'm ****ing livid at how unjust the result of that game was, and I'm English!!! It showed pure class and restraint from the Scotland captain and coach to not make a deal of it after the game.

editmduplicate

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

You are not allowed to go to TMO for that so the ref had no option. Well played Australia, kept going at it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You are not allowed to go to TMO for that so the ref had no option. Well played Australia, kept going at it

The point is that it wasn't the only big decision he got wrong today so yet again a ref influences a result. Yet again it's in favour of a southern hemisphere team.

Couple that with the Australian citing officer banning two Scotland players for this game then it being over-ruled then you start wondering whether rugby has it's own governing body to sort out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Capture.PNG

Tomorrows's spot the ball competition for the Daily Record. Poor old Scots........

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I was at the game today at Twickenham, screaming for the Jocks, it seemed all the English were too. How you could support the Aussies over Scotland I do not know.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was at the game today at Twickenham, screaming for the Jocks, it seemed all the English were too. How you could support the Aussies over Scotland I do not know.

What the Scots don't understand is England could be the Scots greatest ally. Instead they continue to have this huge chip on their shoulder, classic small country syndrome..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, just to clarify, the penalty was because the scot collected the ball from a knock on when he was in an offside position. The dispute is that the ball is alleged to have been slightly touched by an Aussie after the knock on (as suggested following numerous replays) which meant it should have just been a scrum to the Aussies rather than a penalty.

So, the ref missed a very slight touch by the Aussies and the rules don't allow him to go to the TMO in respect of penalties.

Them the breaks. Bit like Lampard's goal against Germany then, or Campbell's goal against the Argies.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So, just to clarify, the penalty was because the scot collected the ball from a knock on when he was in an offside position. The dispute is that the ball is alleged to have been slightly touched by an Aussie after the knock on (as suggested following numerous replays) which meant it should have just been a scrum to the Aussies rather than a penalty.

So, the ref missed a very slight touch by the Aussies and the rules don't allow him to go to the TMO in respect of penalties.

Them the breaks. Bit like Lampard's goal against Germany then, or Campbell's goal against the Argies.

Not clarified totally....perhaps listen to the clip in my previous post

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
And unless the Aussie is judged to have tried to play the ball it's still a penalty. I think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here