Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any heating engineers?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Any ideas?

My combi boiler heats the water & the central heating fine, but my under floor heating cuts in but turns off after about 10 minutes = isn't working, whereas it used to. It then stays off & won't turn back on for an hour or so.

Exciting stuff I know, but before I call out a heating engineer, any suggestions? (It's a 2 zone system)

Thanks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
only because i had a problem this weekend, check your system's pressure. if it drops too low it may stop feeding all parts of the system.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Any ideas?

My combi boiler heats the water & the central heating fine, but my under floor heating cuts in but turns off after about 10 minutes = isn't working, whereas it used to. It then stays off & won't turn back on for an hour or so.

Exciting stuff I know, but before I call out a heating engineer, any suggestions? (It's a 2 zone system)

Thanks

You say the heating is working fine clarify please do you have two heating circuits one for radiators the other underfloor heating?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Yep. I have 2 circuits. 1 for radiators which is functioning fine. & 1 for under floor, which turns on but won't stay on

Thanks for replies so far

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
only because i had a problem this weekend, check your system's pressure. if it drops too low it may stop feeding all parts of the system.

Ok. Will do thanks. That's a start! Although I don't think it is that as it looks alright

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
What type of zone valves do you have? if they are Honeywell check that the U/floor heating valve is opening. There is a lever on the side, basically when you move the lever if it feels loose it will be open, if you feel any resistance it is closed. Obviously the system needs to be calling for heat at the same time

If that valve is fully open the system could be airlocked

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Difficult to diagnose remotely.
Pressure is always an issue needing checking.
dependant on What system controls you have,Two things to check.
If it's a poly pipe system you may have a FRU unit which has a seperate pump and mixing valve on the underfloor pipework,worth checking them.
Also you say twin zone valves,the syncron motors in these valves can fail when they get hot causing valve to spring return.ie cutting flow. Boiler would then be flowing through bypass which would be a while before cooling down and firing back up.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If it's a poly pipe system you may have a FRU unit which has a seperate pump and mixing valve on the underfloor pipework,worth checking them.
Also you say twin zone valves,the syncron motors in these valves can fail when they get hot causing valve to spring return.ie cutting flow. Boiler would then be flowing through bypass which would be a while before cooling down and firing back up.

My thoughts exactly.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

It sounds like this. It also sounds like I need a heating engineer (as I know naff all)

Thanks for input & help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here