Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile... JFC impressing at MK Dons

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Good to hear. Personally I think he is a quality player who had his confidence shattered by Sami. Still young and now getting some game time. Can only be a good thing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good for him. Interesting that it sounds like they're using him as a box to box attacking midfielder which is what he did for us when he first came on to the scene. Can't help thinking that the reason he didn't look as good for us more recently was that he was playing a lot deeper.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good to read - hope he stays there for the whole season as he's 5th choice in our midfield

Agree, and it's whether he stays or not that is generating most discussion on their thread there. I really hope we extend his loan until January, and then see where we are from there. For much more than half of each game, we're only playing with two CMs. Kayal and Stephens are going to be tough to dislodge. The closest to doing that is Crofts and Ince. We've also got Holla. I'd far rather Jake got game time with them now.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Poyet is getting a good report on their as well. Sign him up? (!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
MK Dons have a forum? I still think it would've done Jake good to go to a professional club on loan myself..

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
From their forum:

"That 3rd goal was pure sex. JFC's touch laying the ball on to Reeves from Carruthers' pass for his 2nd was just lovely.

We need to keep JFC." :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Underrated by a lot of our fans. In the right system that allows him to get forward he can be a very useful player in true Championship.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good stuff, hopefully it gives him the confidence to thrive with us at some point in the near future

I think his Brighton career might be over. Especially if we are looking to go up. He wasn't really good enough to make it into the side now. Consequently if you think about it realistically, if We get promoted, even some of the ones currently playing now would get replaced in due course with even better players.

I don't want to jump too far ahead but it seems that every team we play, the opposing manager comes out and says, that's the best team we have played. Our own manager even comes out and says we can play better(apart from the Cardiff game that is). This is a good compliment and really does show how much progression has been made in what was essentially only one transfer window.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good stuff, hopefully it gives him the confidence to thrive with us at some point in the near future

I think his Brighton career might be over. Especially if we are looking to go up. He wasn't really good enough to make it into the side now. Consequently if you think about it realistically, if We get promoted, even some of the ones currently playing now would get replaced in due course with even better players.

I don't want to jump too far ahead but it seems that every team we play, the opposing manager comes out and says, that's the best team we have played. Our own manager even comes out and says we can play better(apart from the Cardiff game that is). This is a good compliment and really does show how much progression has been made in what was essentially only one transfer window.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I've been a BHAFC fan for 39 years, and a season ticket holder for the last 5 years, and I live in Northamptonshire.

3 geezers in my village boozer are Dons season ticket holders (alright, they are their local team) and all of them are raving about JFC. I met them in the pub last night, they would absolutely love him to stay, he has transformed the midfield and has obviously found new energy because it seems he really is playing box to box for 90 minutes. Fair play to JFC. I personally had him down as going all billy big b0ll0x when he became a regular under 21 pick, thinking that made him an automatic BHAFC pick, and all of a sudden reality caught up with him and he got loaned out. But he has realised that, he's buckled down, and this loan has been perfect for us, he will come back as a much more game ready sub for Kayal, Stephens or Crofts when the suspensions or injuries start to bite. Well played JFC, and welcome back, when it happens.

Wedgee

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I personally think IF we let JFC go, he will come back and bite us in the ass!

He is an absolute talent and would be a shame to see him leave the Albion. He deserves an opportunity when he is full of confidence and under a competent manager like Hughton, not Hyypia.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
JFC still has a big future at the albion, and he is still very young. The loan seems to be very beneficial to him, and us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

He's 21 years of age and has never really had a long run of games in the first team. Even the most highly rated youngsters (see Tex and Lingard) need time to adjust to the pace and physicality of this division. Whilst you are correct that at the moment he isn't good enough to make the team, in the long term he could develop into a very decent player.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Delighted to see him doing well.
The touch on for their final goal yesterday was pure class.
Extend the loan to January and get a confident player back just when we need him. Sorted :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here