Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHINA our new best friends

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
is this going to replace Europe, run along side with Europe.
maybe when the Chinese president comes to the UK this government will eventually bring up human rights with someone who matters rather than some minion who does not matter.
where exactly are we as a nation going with this, is their money as good as anyone elses, should we all turn a blind eye to the human rights issues.
IMHO we should kick them and the Europeans into the long grass, I also wonder if they can keep JC quiet about this????

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
maybe when the Chinese president comes to the UK this government will eventually bring up human rights with someone who matters rather than some minion who does not matter.
where exactly are we as a nation going with this, is their money as good as anyone elses, should we all turn a blind eye to the human rights issues.
IMHO we should kick them and the Europeans into the long grass, I also wonder if they can keep JC quiet about this????

Where do the USA and Russia fit into your world view????

You'd kick two of our biggest trading partners into touch?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You'd kick two of our biggest trading partners into touch?

Europe costs us 55m a day
China human rights are a disgrace
do these things not matter?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Do you have any idea how many jobs would be lost overnight if we did what you want?

no and I doubt you do either
we could of coarse continue to sell to Europe but it would not cost us 55m a day to do so

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Have you ever been to China? Don't believe everything you read in the daily mail, it's really not that bad!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
LOL, this is a 'blog', which when reading, is clearly incredibly biased!

'Human Rights Watch is a nonprofit, nongovernmental human rights organization made up of roughly 400 staff members around the globe. Its staff consists of human rights professionals including country experts, lawyers, journalists, and academics of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Established in 1978, Human Rights Watch is known for its accurate fact-finding, impartial reporting, effective use of media, and targeted advocacy, often in partnership with local human rights groups. Each year, Human Rights Watch publishes more than 100 reports and briefings on human rights conditions in some 90 countries, generating extensive coverage in local and international media. With the leverage this brings, Human Rights Watch meets with governments, the United Nations, regional groups like the African Union and the European Union, financial institutions, and corporations to press for changes in policy and practice that promote human rights and justice around the world.'

https://www.hrw.org/about

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
'Human Rights Watch is a nonprofit, nongovernmental human rights organization made up of roughly 400 staff members around the globe. Its staff consists of human rights professionals including country experts, lawyers, journalists, and academics of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Established in 1978, Human Rights Watch is known for its accurate fact-finding, impartial reporting, effective use of media, and targeted advocacy, often in partnership with local human rights groups. Each year, Human Rights Watch publishes more than 100 reports and briefings on human rights conditions in some 90 countries, generating extensive coverage in local and international media. With the leverage this brings, Human Rights Watch meets with governments, the United Nations, regional groups like the African Union and the European Union, financial institutions, and corporations to press for changes in policy and practice that promote human rights and justice around the world.'

https://www.hrw.org/about

What exactly are you trying to prove, other than you can copy and paste website URLs? What is your personal experience of China and the Chinese people, of which there are about 1.3bn alone, in China?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would love to know just one example of a country that does not abuse human rights. Just one.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What exactly are you trying to prove, other than you can copy and paste website URLs? What is your personal experience of China and the Chinese people, of which there are about 1.3bn alone, in China?

I am trying to find out what your definition of bad is ..... provided you with a link to a respected human rights organisation that might help your definition then provided further information to correct your silly biased blog statement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think I'd prefer the UK to integrate and operate more with Europe before we start pissing around with China.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I am trying to find out what your definition of bad is ..... provided you with a link to a respected human rights organisation that might help your definition then provided further information to correct your silly biased blog statement.

Given that approx 20% of the world population is Chinese, how many human right violations, atrocities, terrorist acts etc, can you attribute to them, in relation to the rest of the world? I would say very few, so that is where I am coming from with my view.

I'm also basing it on living in Hong Kong, and having a Chinese fiancé.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think I'd prefer the UK to integrate and operate more with Europe before we start pissing around with China.

And most think FIFA are bent, wait til they start researching the EU. Happily trade with them but want nothing to do with their 'old boys club'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here