Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New type of fans

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
Get a grip FFS

Oh right !! So were you one of them then ! If so, I hope you are proud of yourselves. Did you see the woman's face when she got up? Or the old man who may be too scared to go to another game? Or the little girl that was crying cod she was terrified ?! You're the one who needs to get a grip FFS !

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They're a bunch of idiots. Every club has got them.

I don't think you should blame that bunch of idiots on 'new fans'.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We could do with more pissed up fans in the Amex. Place is like a church.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'm not able to get to many away games at the moment, but groups like this started appearing at away games in 11/12 when we first returned to the Championship.
Similar groups were there in the 80s when we were at the same level and playing the same teams and somehow evaporated between 1990 and 2010.
The opportunity for a 'big day out' in another city and the pretence that they are marauding invaders just having a laugh means that you'll see them at most games this season and even more of them if we get promoted.
As mentioned above all clubs have them. Shame.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The club needs to identify who they are and either get rid of them or get in security to control them. It's unacceptable that the enjoyment of others should be spoilt by a bunch of dolts.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Are you a health and safety officer :eek:

Oh right !! So were you one of them then ! If so, I hope you are proud of yourselves. Did you see the woman's face when she got up? Or the old man who may be too scared to go to another game? Or the little girl that was crying cod she was terrified ?! You're the one who needs to get a grip FFS !

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL

I trust you challenged their behaviour there & then or at the very least referred the matter to a steward?

Rather than wait until the next morning to whinge about it on an Internet forum....

Young lads pissed at football get over-excited / carried away. Hold the front page.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I sat I front of a three of them, not the main bunch. Very pissed, the three of them had northern accent and when we first sat they filled in the row behind us and were joining in with Leeds songs (marching all together). I thought it was a throw back to the 80s and they were Leeds fans seeing how long they could last. But they were all uni students at Leeds, the one I spoke to was from Liverpool and was a Liverpool fan. I spoke to him as I did not understand why he kept singing Harry Harry kewell. He was not able to.tell me he as he was so smashed. They were the worst I have seen and I am very tolerant. They were falling of seats in front with my dad (75) in it. They did appoligise. They were Pushing each other all though match, hold on each other legs and tiring to knock them over. I thought when two or three of them were standing on the wall when bobby scored they were going to fall off. Then they started (at least 5 times) to slap the steward on the head for telling them to get off wall. All steward did was move away!!! Unblivable. To any that did not see they were all completely smashed and in there own world as they were not Brighton fans they were completely wrapped up in their own games, play fights they were having with each other giggling with each other if they knocked someone over and not the game.

Last edited:

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I have to agree, they were proper idiots and we're being given a talking to by the police outside when I left. How they didn't get thrown out I'll never know. I don't care about people getting excited but when there's so little disregard for others around you then it's gone too far.

megcat

Sep 6, 2012
Chelwood Gate
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

I saw some of this at the Fulham game where a young boy ended up in tears moving from his seat, shame, I agree with you. By the way we were chatting to a guy at half time who said he lived " up north " was it you by chance

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
I sat I front of a three of them, not the main bunch. Very pissed, the three of them had northern accent and when we first sat they filled in the row behind us and were joining in with Leeds songs (marching all together). I thought it was a throw back to the 80s and they were Leeds fans seeing how long they could last. But they were all uni students at Leeds, the one I spoke to was from Liverpool and was a Liverpool fan. I spoke to him as I did not understand why he kept singing Harry Harry kewell. He was not able to.tell me he as he was so smashed. They were the worst I have seen and I am very tolerant. They were falling of seats in front with my dad (75) in it. They did appoligise. They were Pushing each other all though match, hold on each other legs and tiring to knock them over. I thought when two or three of them were standing on the wall when bobby scored they were going to fall off. Then they started (at least 5 times) to slap the steward on the head for telling them to get off wall. All steward did was move away!!! Unblivable. To any that did not see they were all completely smashed and in there own world as they were not Brighton fans they were completely wrapped up in the games, play fights they were having with each other not the game.

I thought they were Leeds supporters at first too, why sing along with Leeds in the away end? Good to know that we won't be seeing them again.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have to agree, they were proper idiots and we're being given a talking to by the police outside when I left. How they didn't get thrown out I'll never know. I don't care about people getting excited but when there's so little disregard for others around you then it's gone too far.

You have to be a proper Bellend to get thrown out of Elland road as OB have enough pissed up inbreds of their own to deal with.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I trust you challenged their behaviour there & then or at the very least referred the matter to a steward?

Rather than wait until the next morning to whinge about it on an Internet forum....

Young lads pissed at football get over-excited / carried away. Hold the front page.

Oh my mistake I thought a forum would be the right place to discuss this with other fans ! Clearly you need to explain the definition to me ! And yes I did challenge them, waste of time. It was at bit more than young lads getting over excited so very Interesting to hear that people getting hurt & scared is acceptable in some people's eyes.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
To quote the Happy Mondays

'call the cops'

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Oh my mistake I thought a forum would be the right place to discuss this with other fans ! Clearly you need to explain the definition to me ! And yes I did challenge them, waste of time. It was at bit more than young lads getting over excited so very Interesting to hear that people getting hurt & scared is acceptable in some people's eyes.

It certainly is a good place to discuss this. However, perhaps if you had mentioned in the original post that you had challenged this behaviour your initial comments would have been far more credible.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seems to me as the thread has moved on that these lads were not BHA supporters or indeed Leeds supporters. Seems they got tickets in the away end because they support a.n.other teams and wanted to see Leeds beaten, as most supporters do. It appears they had no interest in the football which might back this theory up.
I have been to a fair few away games and usually if there are older or younger people in the vicinity they are quite safe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here