Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
When the ball hits the net like a ****ing rocket, that's Zamora

He will cause you great pain more the Rooney or Kane, that's Zamora

When he's one on one he'll put you on your bum, that's Zamora

When he shoots and he scores the crowd stand and they roar for Zamora

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I seem to remember that people were always suggesting new versions of this. It has a bit of the 'Posh Spice' about it:

When we used to be young there were songs that were sung of Zamora
When he's played for the rest, he comes home to the best that's Zamora
When Chris Hughton's aim is to hold onto the game...
What the Albion needs when we have to beat Leeds...
When you need a toe poke, call for an old bloke...
He's not young any more, but old blokes can score..

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As others have said, it was never widely sung. This is probably because nobody knew what to sing!

The version I remember from H block at Withdean is:

When the ball hits the net like a flying* rocket, it's Zamora
When the ball flashes in, it's not Phillips or Quinn, it's Zamora
It's a goal, it's a goal, it's not Shearer or Cole, it's Zamora
We paid one hundred grand for the best in the land, that's Zamora

* most seem to want to sing f***ing, but I don't know why it needs to be an expletive.

I very much doubt it'll ever properly catch on, as it didn't last time round!

The other issue, of course, is that there's a PAUSE at the end of each line, which is beyond the ability of most of our singers.....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Agree we currently sound funerial with Zamora song. Same with Solly March. How about nicking part of leeds only song.' Marching on together with Solly March ,Solly March ' For Bobby lets go back to the original unless there is someone with something more inspiring.

"Oh Soley, Soley"

Middle of the Road. It could catch on.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't believe the Song Police are on active duty on a Sunday! Have a day off.

I agree.

Sing what you want, if you want to hear 'when the ball hits the net...', sing it - It'll catch on !

If not, live and let live.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The original one which was invented for Lorenzo Pinamonte before it was adapted for Bobby. I may have only been 9 or 10 during his first spell but I never once can recall hearing this 'goal' version when seeing us play back then however we would only usually attend 5 or 6 away games a season and maybe the occasional August trip down to Withdean.

This puzzles me, and not how I remember it.

Why was the Zamora song, where 'That's Zamora' pretty much fits with 'That's amore', sung originally for Pinamonte which doesn't fit with the rhyme ? ???

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
This puzzles me, and not how I remember it.

Why was the Zamora song, where 'That's Zamora' pretty much fits with 'That's amore', sung originally for Pinamonte which doesn't fit with the rhyme ? ???

When the ball hits the net like a f###ing rocket, it's Lorenzo.

Started after a wondergoal he scored.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ow FFS, everyone knows the original words - there was even a fecking CD released! If you couldn't be arsed to learn the words or even support the Albion back then, fair enough. But I'll be damned if some JCL or then in nappies mafia are going to deny the original words should be sung. It's more to do with today's supporters inability to sing songs with more than one word than anything else. Thank god terrace anthems such as Walk On got going long before today's fan existed. And let's face it, we're never going to be able to sing GOSBTS properly are we? Despite all the efforts. Nope today's fan generally is a 5/10 see me type when it comes to songs.

Feb 14, 2010
First heard for me at Scunthorpe away.. when the ball hits the net, (like a flying rocket).. or when the ball hits the goal its not shearer or Cole... thats Zamora..

Funny how football songs used to be fun and original, but now its all drums and whooa whooa, well at some clubs anyway.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't ever remember the Pinamonte version of the song...probably because after he left us for Brentford(I think) because he saw them as a "bigger" club I forgot about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here