Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Bobby Zamora song

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
What the f***?? It's terrible, droany and awful, whoever started singing this nonsense needs shooting. It's so bloody dull and the greatest Albion player I've ever seen deserves better. I was listening to the game lastnight on the radio and he came on late as we all know and the droan started.....

If you were still in nappies when he was banging in the goals up and down the land then fair enough but you'd expect a few of the older lads in the North to step up and give our legend his old original songs back, either the 100 grand, best in the land or simply Zamora Zamora Zamora......

Sort it out, it's a joke!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am just logging in from the Tuscan hills where It's been a pleasure to attend wedding of the year in an old castle ruin that's been grand designed renovated. During the dances on came the classic that is 'that's amore' and friends around me smiled and said "you sing something different to this" and with that a number of blokes who know I'm a BHA fan started singing "that's Zamora" to the chorus. So if relative strangers know the original then youngsters, you're on a final warning to learn the original noughties version. It was the perfect evening to hear Bobby scored the winner in the 89th minute. I got a little emosh I have to say.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Can't say I was around in his original stint but I've been disappointed to have not heard it sung. It's a shame something as uniquely Albion as Sussex by the Sea has been chucked in the can.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We need the "When he scores a goal its not __________ or ______, its ZamooooooooraR!!!!. Just need a couple of current top names in there.........

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We need the "When he scores a goal its not __________ or ______, its ZamooooooooraR!!!!. Just need a couple of current top names in there.........

"When the balls in the/hits the goal its not Vardy or Aguero, its ZamooooooooraR!!!!." Not sure that scans :shrug:

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Agree we currently sound funerial with Zamora song. Same with Solly March. How about nicking part of leeds only song.' Marching on together with Solly March ,Solly March ' For Bobby lets go back to the original unless there is someone with something more inspiring.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why can't people chant the original 'net' version? Not this family friendly 'goal' version which is awful.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Having attended through the first coming of Zamora, I always remember 'Zamora, Zamora' to the tune of 'Who are ya?' being more widely sung at games than 'That's Zamora'.

It was sung, but not quite the staple people are making it out to be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When the ball hits the net like a ****ing rockette, its Zamora
When the ball hits the goal its not Shearer or Cole, its Zamora.

Still . . . it is a leisurely Spanish type ditty, and was never easy to sing. It lacks the necessary 'oi!' Its hard to croon a football chant. Sorry, but it is.

We're off to shitty white hart lane
Its viva Zamora

OK, I'll get my coat....:rock::lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
You do know the original song had more than one line don't you?

The original one which was invented for Lorenzo Pinamonte before it was adapted for Bobby. I may have only been 9 or 10 during his first spell but I never once can recall hearing this 'goal' version when seeing us play back then however we would only usually attend 5 or 6 away games a season and maybe the occasional August trip down to Withdean.

When the ball hits the net like a ****ing rockette, its Zamora
When the ball hits the goal its not Shearer or Cole, its Zamora.
Still . . . it is a leisurely Spanish type ditty,
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not sure where to start. Maybe with the 'rockette'.
WTF is that, a very small rocket??
And wasn't it 'When the ref gives a goal it's not Shearer nor Cole'?

And as for 'Spanish'....:facepalm:

The original one which was invented for Lorenzo Pinamonte before it was adapted for Bobby.
I thought the original was invented for Dean Martin in 1952!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here