Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Im sure BZ will get most of the headlines today as well he should but lets not forget the role the manager
has played in changing the formation during the closing stages of today's game.

I don't think he is getting the recognition he deserves.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Im sure BZ will get most of the headlines today as well he should but lets not forget the role the manager

Absolutely agree, he has been more than we could have hoped for in our wildest dreams. But he's savvy enough and non-egotistical enough to let things roll on, head beneath the parapet, let results be his PR.

But a clever CH song would be nice, any ideas you songsmiths out there?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

For those of us who want him to stay at the club for as long as possible, Hughton operating below the radar can only be a good thing.

Having said that, I am certain that his remarkable achievements have not gone unnoticed by Chairmen right across the top two divisions. Unfortunately.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ooohh Chris Hughton is magic,
He wears a magic a hat,
And when he saw the Premier League he said we're having that!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Having a team that were trash last year, 4 points clear at the top - that isn't below the radar! I dread the manager sackings in the mid to lower prem teams - he will be a real target

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Having a team that were trash last year, 4 points clear at the top - that isn't below the radar! I dread the manager sackings in the mid to lower prem teams - he will be a real target

He'll stay to finish the job I reckon.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I wanted us to get him instead of Sami, better late than never though.
Terrific manager, unfairly slagged off by Norwich fans, but well liked and respected everywhere else he's been. The geordies, would love to have him back

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Hardly the same team but he's made the changes.
Some very significant changes to last season.
3 new strikers, a proper left back, new centre back, no loans, hardly any injuries.
He's doing very very well. We actually needs to go up other wise our squad and manager is going to get cherry picked.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

I couldn't disagree more. I have absolutely no fears about him leaving and I don't believe he will be that much of a target in any case.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He'll stay to finish the job I reckon.

He doesn't come across as the type of guy who would ship out to another club just because they come knocking after a few games.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I don't fear any club going in for him which is refreshing when doing well, not like with Gus, always looking over our shoulder.

He wasn't particularly successful at Prem level and his name isn't high profile enough if say Villa sacked their manager....That said I could see him being the next Rep of Ireland boss but that would be a while off

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Posh Spice is a slapper
She comes from near Luton
When she's noshing off Beckham
She dreams of Chris Hughton

Christ almighty. It doesn't SCAN :lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Why? That doesn't always happen does it - Derby kept their players and manager after missing out in the playoffs.

The few that make the difference, like Ulloa before, we would lose or would be big targets to clubs who had the cash. Kayal and Bong are the best in their position in this division, Dunk one of the best in his. So yeah I'll worry if we don't go up.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Agreed. When we were getting a bit overrun in midfield against Leeds, he took Liam off and replaced with Crofty to bolster up the centre of the park. 442 to 451/433. Timely, decisive and clever management. I am starting to trust Hughton's judgements, in particular how has he has also stuck by Solly and now seems to be getting the best out of him. I wonder how much Calderwood is influencing things also.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. When we were getting a bit overrun in midfield against Leeds, he took Liam off and replaced with Crofty to bolster up the centre of the park. 442 to 451/433. Timely, decisive and clever management. I am starting to trust Hughton's judgements, in particular how has he has also stuck by Solly and now seems to be getting the best out of him. I wonder how much Calderwood is influencing things also.

I just have a feeling Chris Hughton always remembers this goal by Solly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msVXzg4tmxo

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What I like is CLEARLY Hughton knows what each player is bringing to the team.

In most football fans minds, they would look at Baldocks complete lack of goals and go for the simplistic "he doesn't score but he's a STRIKER, he should be dropped".

Thankfully CH realises that a goal counts for exactly the same, no matter who scores it. Baldock is putting in a proper unslefish SHIFT in for the team and is rightfully being rewarded with starts even if he isn't scoring whilst the wingers in the team are flourishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here