Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not a Greer slagger. He's played a pivotal role in a very MINGY defence over the last few seasons, but today he had an absolute shocker. Not so much in the equaliser - that was a well delivered ball at pace that was always going to be difficult to defend. But he spent the entire 1st half launching balls into their half towards, well, nobody. And TWICE put us in severe peril with abysmal passes, under no pressure whatsoever. The first, a 10 yard pass to Stephens, who had to lunge to reach it and missed, putting them right in on our back 4. And again, when he inexplicably rolled it straight to a Leeds player just outside the box. Neither resulted in goals, but holy shit.

There are various reports of illness etc. I'm not sure I buy it. He was simply cack today, and it was a major relief when he got binned off because he was an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully he's not been drastically infected by the Scotch national team, because I like him as a player and a captain. But today....crikey.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He didn't look injured when he went off which is what was originally reported on Twitter and then went straight down the tunnel followed by Nathan Jones. I wonder if he got hauled off by Hughton or if he was actually ill? I'll guess we shall find out on Tuesday.

Who took the captains armband when he went off, I presume it was Bruno

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think, sadly the rigours of the Championship are beginning to catch up with him. I remember thinking he was very poor towards the end of last season in certain games. After the Summer break he looked fresh and assured again, but today you are right, too many aimless hoofs which put us under needless pressure. I think Greer will still have a big role to play this season, but today's performance reinforces the fact that we were right to sign Goldson as I think Greer will be fazed out of the first team after this season . What a servant for the club he has been though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yet it was Dunk who lost his man for their goal...

Sadly (and I am a great admirer of his) Dunk continues to make one mistake a game which so often gets heavily punished.
I think it's about concentration and I'm not convinced it's going to change. Shame because otherwise he is massively impressive.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Sadly (and I am a great admirer of his) Dunk continues to make one mistake a game which so often gets heavily punished.
I think it's about concentration and I'm not convinced it's going to change. Shame because otherwise he is massively impressive.

I think Dunk was marking Wood wasn't he in the box? I think their defender ran free from Hemed but can't be 100% sure

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'm not blaming Greer for their goal. But I found myself swearing an awful lot this afternoon, and it was largely down to Greer.

He was subbed 10 minutes before half time when there was quite clearly nothing "wrong" with him in a physical sense. All credit to CH, because he was absolutely going to cost us, and the fact we have a top quality CB in Hunemeir sat there in the wings made his decision that much easier. Still brave, but the right decision.

Greer needs to get his shit together. As it stands, I'd expect Dunk and the Hun to be starting on Tuesday.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think you might find it was Bong's man, but that first half was our worst collective defensive display for some time. I think a good few players had off days. Still, i think we have earned a bit of luck over the last few games, so onwards and upwards.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It seemed that Dunk and Bong were culpable for the goal and wood's golden opportunity. I do think Greer gets an incredible amount of flack considering how reliable he usually is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It seemed that Dunk and Bong were culpable for the goal and wood's golden opportunity. I do think Greer gets an incredible amount of flack considering how reliable he usually is.

Like I say, I'm not a Greer slagger, because on the whole he is very reliable. But today, through his distribution, he was either gifting it pointlessly back to them, or putting us bang in trouble time and time again.

Can't have that. And Chris was absolutely right to do something about it before it cost us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not blaming Greer for their goal. But I found myself swearing an awful lot this afternoon, and it was largely down to Greer.

He was subbed 10 minutes before half time when there was quite clearly nothing "wrong" with him in a physical sense. All credit to CH, because he was absolutely going to cost us, and the fact we have a top quality CB in Hunemeir sat there in the wings made his decision that much easier. Still brave, but the right decision.

Greer needs to get his shit together. As it stands, I'd expect Dunk and the Hun to be starting on Tuesday.

Don't you just love how everyone points the finger at Greer, the entire team was utterly woeful in the first half, Dunk was worse than Greer he gave away countless free kicks and did an equal amount of hoofing it aimlessly, Dunk pulled it together second half granted but it's just typical of folk on here Greer will always be the first scapegoat, usually followed by Stockdale.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Just before Greer was substituted, the second physio spent a long time talking to Greer just on the pitch whilst Bruno (I think) was bing treated in the middle of the pitch. Greer was bent over and I thought they were discussing his upper leg, but it could easily have been his stomach or head! The second physio then went on to help Bruno, and Uwe started to get stripped immediately after.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you just love how everyone points the finger at Greer, the entire team was utterly woeful in the first half, Dunk was worse than Greer he gave away countless free kicks and did an equal amount of hoofing it aimlessly, Dunk pulled it together second half granted but it's just typical of folk on here Greer will always be the first scapegoat, usually followed by Stockdale.

Sake. I've already said I'm not a Greer slagger - find a post of mine where I have.

But today he had a truly SHOCKING half an hour, and I'm glad we had a manager who had the balls to do something about it before it cost us.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I thought it was Bong? Or am I confusing that with Wood's chance? Either way, our marking from set pieces was poor!

Looks like Dunk's man to me. Unless Bong is marking him by standing ball side.

image.jpg

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Greer has had good games and bad games all the time. I've never been convinced that we couldn't do better and I've wanted to see Dunk and Hunemeier together for a while now to test that.

It's certainly good to have options.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We have played 11 games without defeat, Greer has played in them all, sometimes with Uwe and sometimes with Dunk, perhaps it is a bit early to write him off. He seems to be cack when he comes back from being with the Scotland squad. Might just have been an off day, but would be nice if Uwe and Dunk do well together, today they did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here