Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk and Hünemeier is the way forward now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Greer has been a fantastic buy for 250k and a solid captain. No slagging him off from me but it'st time to see Uwe and Dunk start.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Greer has been outstanding this season, but today he was very poor from the start. Dunk, although it was a poor challenge for the free-kick, just looked stronger and stronger as the game wore on and we looked just as assured with Hunemeier. Would like to see this pairing given a run.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Greer has been outstanding this season, but today he was very poor from the start. Dunk, although it was a poor challenge for the free-kick, just looked stronger and stronger as the game wore on and just as assured with Hunemeier. Would like to see this pairing given a run.

Naylor originally said Greer went off injured but then said it was illness. I am wondering if Greer was feeling unwell before kick off but tried to tough it out, it might go some way to explain his performance today which was way below what he's produced for the rest of the season. Although I would like to see Uwe and Dunk given a run together in the side.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Naylor originally said Greer went off injured but then said it was illness. I am wondering if Greer was feeling unwell before kick off but tried to tough it out, it might go some way to explain his performance today which was way below what he's produced for the rest of the season. Although I would like to see Uwe and Dunk given a run together in the side.
Hughton said it was a knee injury on radio Sussex.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree with the OP, love Greer, he plays with heart and soul and digs in, but he has to be seen as surplus to our best two central defenders. I am full of admiration for the guy, but this is a results orientated business and Uwe and Lewis have to be the way forward?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Greer out, so we had Dunk and Uwe Uwe. Kaz and Murphy out, so we had Rosenior and (new improved) Marsh. Hemed off, Zamora on. Happy days.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I am not saying that Greer is our best defender, but I would play him if he is fit because he is a great leader. His contribution should not be underestimated. I think it will be a case of only realising how important he is once he is not in the team. Would probably need to be replaced in the summer though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am not saying that Greer is our best defender, but I would play him if he is fit because he is a great leader. His contribution should not be underestimated. I think it will be a case of only realising how important he is once he is not in the team. Would probably need to be replaced in the summer though.

I believe, personally, that we have a couple of great leaders outside of Greer, Bruno and Beram could do the job.

PS: Beram was fantastic today.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
simple question were Dunk and Huniemier an improvement.

We weren't good today, but they looked solid together, and were definitely better than Greer who was awful, but then again there's rumours that he's been ill, and CH said that he picked up a knee knock.
Agree completely with the OP. Dunk + Uwe are our best CBs but Greer has deserved to start up to now. I'm not so sure that is still the case.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The gaffer has got his defensive selection spot on all season, the way he handled Dunk was superb and his tinkering with the sloppy draws to bring Dunk was perfectly timed.

I expect him to choose Dunk & Uwe on Tuesday with the excuse of giving Greer time to recover fully and give the boys a chance to claim a partnership.

Greer still has a massive part to play but the future will hopefully be Dunk & Uwe

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just so good to have strong back-up in all positions

Except maybe left back. When Bong picks up another booking we will need a stand-in and although Rosenior could do the job I think we would miss him in midfield. Not too shabby though to be able to only identify one weakness in cover players. How long has it been since we could be so relaxed about losing players to suspension/injury?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Except maybe left back. When Bong picks up another booking we will need a stand-in and although Rosenior could do the job I think we would miss him in midfield. Not too shabby though to be able to only identify one weakness in cover players. How long has it been since we could be so relaxed about losing players to suspension/injury?

I thought Goldson can play left back as a secondary position?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here