Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Scandal: Germany Appears to Have Bought Right to Host 2006 Tournament

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This always seemed likely, surely. This has been going on for a very long time. I assumed everyone realised that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's supposed to be news? I thought everyone knew that the only way to get World Cups in your country (or Olympic Games or Formula 1) is to pay large sums of money to the appropriate people. Is there another way it's done?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We should all boycott the farce and have our own tournament

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I still have a hunch the ludicrous desert 'state' world cup will get shifted to England. We are 'world cup ready' whereas the desert state is only slightly less ready venue than Gibralta, Greenland, and the Moon.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I still have a hunch the ludicrous desert 'state' world cup will get shifted to England. We are 'world cup ready' whereas the desert state is only slightly less ready venue than Gibralta, Greenland, and the Moon.

If the Moon had slipped Blatter and Platini a few more quid it would have got it. It's about as suitable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the Moon had slipped Blatter and Platini a few more quid it would have got it. It's about as suitable.

And these are the bribing little buggers who were too tight to fill the Blatter trouser pockets:

Clangers.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here