Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Marine Girls and that win at Highbury

just youtubing some music and you know how one link leads to another, well I was listening to the marine girls do a John Peel Session in April 1983. Well it sets the ol mind off to not only the cup run but the great indie bands of that time, anyone else share my enthusiasm for Everything but The Girl, The The, the Monochrome Set, Felt, Eyeless in Gaza, Scritti Pollitti, Weekend, The Nightingales Thomas Dolby etc etc....or am I on my own here?

Funny enough I was thinking about them yesterday as Tracy Thorn was on 6music.
Do you remember the Cherry Red 99p compilation 'Pillows and Prayers' ? It was really significant to me as it was the album that opened my mind to a whole different genre of music.
So always got a soft spot for her and Ben Watt.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Still love her version of Paris Match, despite mentioning in the book and on R6 that Mr Weller watched over many.many takes, hence her believing she sounded a bit tired.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Funny enough I was thinking about them yesterday as Tracy Thorn was on 6music.
Do you remember the Cherry Red 99p compilation 'Pillows and Prayers' ? It was really significant to me as it was the album that opened my mind to a whole different genre of music.
So always got a soft spot for her and Ben Watt.

Still features on a regular basis on my turntable, iPod and car CD player. When that record was released it totally changed my musical outlook. Every track was a gem in its own right (even Mr. Stockbroker's contribution!) My desert island disc. And remember.....I have been to restaurants in Soho.........

Still features on a regular basis on my turntable, iPod and car CD player. When that record was released it totally changed my musical outlook. Every track was a gem in its own right (even Mr. Stockbroker's contribution!) My desert island disc. And remember.....I have been to restaurants in Soho.........

Even "stop the music for a minute"!? Quentin Crisp would have a field day on the Facebook generation

Still love her version of Paris Match, despite mentioning in the book and on R6 that Mr Weller watched over many.many takes, hence her believing she sounded a bit tired.

I'm a big Style Council fan and The Paris Match is one of my favourite songs and Tracy Thorn one of my favourite singers, put them together and for me its like a Peacehaven v Brighton FA Cup final!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here