Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you use the Open Market?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
With the Argus running a story that the venue is seeking another £60k loan an top of the million pound loan already taken, it seems it's running into trouble already.

I think the utilitarian, faceless design doesn't help but I'm interested on what other people think....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to go every Saturday about 7.45/8.00: get a weekly shop done and get home in time to do things with the family. The opening hours then changed and didn't open till after 9.00 (in effect, 9.30 when they get the stock out). I don't go so much these days as that's half of Saturday gone. A real shame

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Buy fantastic jumbo eggs there every week (£1.05 for half a dozen), same stall sells a decent sized camembert for a quid, the fruit n veg stall had big bowls of fruit/veg e.g. kiwi fruits or plums or tomatoes, for a quid each. Indispensible part of the weekly food shop IMHO.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got my first pair of Doc Martens boots from the shoe stall in the open market, 1978 I think.

My mum always went to that market when I was a kid, always remember plenty of characters working on the stalls.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Got my first pair of Doc Martens boots from the shoe stall in the open market, 1978 I think.

My mum always went to that market when I was a kid, always remember plenty of characters working on the stalls.

A hundred years ago :wink: My wife and I went on holiday to Ibiza.
We met up with a couple of old wimmin, one of which was the wife of the bloke who invented Doc Martins.
I kid you not.
She told us there was a baby in the Sangria that we were drinking :ohmy:
Nine months later my first son was born :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here