Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports News advice please.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am really fed up with the cost of my TV package and thinking of cancelling the contract. Reviewing all the channels they offer I realise that the overall majority I never watch and have no interest in.
However, I would miss Sky Sports News. I notice that there are some streaming sites on the net but not sure if they are ok or dodgy.
Anybody had any experiences of same?.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've cancelled all of my Cable/Sky tv and stream Sky Sports News online whenever I like without issue.

If you've got a half-decent internet connection, you'll be absolutely fine.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Call them up and tell them you are going to switch to BT/Sky, they'll probably offer you a better rate.

If not, you can always just whack an HDMI into your laptop, hook it up to the tv and stream from here:

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-news-live-stream

Link is fine, good idea to switch Adblock on for that site though. Alternatively you could blag a Sky Go password from someone perhaps?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Call them up and tell them you are going to switch to BT/Sky, they'll probably offer you a better rate.

If not, you can always just whack an HDMI into your laptop, hook it up to the tv and stream from here:

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-news-live-stream

Link is fine, good idea to switch Adblock on for that site though. Alternatively you could blag a Sky Go password from someone perhaps?

Ah, that was the stream I saw and wondered about. Time I spoke to VM for a better deal or ditch.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ah, that was the stream I saw and wondered about. Time I spoke to VM for a better deal or ditch.

Cricfree has been going for years and somehow gets away with showing sports channels from all over the world 24/7. It'll get shut down one day but they'll just start it up again under a different guise as all of these sites seem to do.

Haven't had any issues while using it personally bar a bit of buffering here or there, but it's easy to live with when you know you're saving yourself a fair bit of cash.

But yeah, obviously getting a better deal out of VM would be less hassle. I know that Sky offer massive discounts to keep customers on board but don't have any experience with Virgin- imagine they'd go to similar lengths though now that BT have stepped up their game.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've got the maximum package money can buy and don't bother with Internet/streaming/searching/ad blocking/wasting my time.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I've got Now TV with an entertainment pass. Get all the Sky Atlantic shows like Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful, Hannibal, etc. But you also get Sky Sports News as one of the extras. If you buy the Now TV box with a 6 month pass it works out something like £5 a month.

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
Virgin Media have some of the most incompetent customer service team I have ever come across so good luck to you. You can reduce your package to just having SSN on there though (at least that's what we used to have) so try it out.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I jacked in Virgin media tv as it was getting expensive. My bill was around £70 per month without sports and and movies. I kept broadband and phone line with VM as it rocks and signed up for Sky tv without sports and movies(i get sports news) My monthly bill is £40.

When it comes to deals Sky p$sses all over VM.

VM - £25 for Broadband and phone free weekend cals

Sky tv £15 I paid £10 installation fees. That's dish and box installed. I also got £50 pre paid card for joining

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I jacked in Virgin media tv as it was getting expensive. My bill was around £70 per month without sports and and movies. I kept broadband and phone line with VM as it rocks and signed up for Sky tv without sports and movies(i get sports news) My monthly bill is £40.

When it comes to deals Sky p$sses all over VM.

VM - £25 for Broadband and phone free weekend cals

Sky tv £15 I paid £10 installation fees. That's dish and box installed. I also got £50 pre paid card for joining

Looks a good set up. I really like the fast VM broadband so want to keep, but it is the TV price that bugs me. Mix and match like that could be the answer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here