Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Electric Shaver

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I have always been a wet shave man, but am now on anti coagulation tablets. A nick this morning took a couple of hours to heal. I am therefore looking to move to an electric alternative. At the moment the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 is the favourite. Any one got one? Any alternative tips or models to avoid?

I did consider a beard, but only briefly.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I fecking hate shaving but don't want to grow a beard so would be interested if there are any out there now that are anywhere near to the result of a wet shave.

I have had a few electric ones over the years but they never seem to do a decent job.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Got a cheaper, older version and it works without any complaints. Refills last approx 8 cleans and foil and cutter will need replacing annually.
Never going to compete with a wet shave for closeness but for a hassle-free, reliable and smooth electric shave I'd suggest you wont go too far wrong with that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shaving is literally a waste of time. Get yourself some close clippers and get to work with these every couple of weeks. This is the secret of my rugged good looks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:mad: 790cc in a shaver?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Shaving is literally a waste of time. Get yourself some close clippers and get to work with these every couple of weeks. This is the secret of my rugged good looks.

Number 8 all over?

gorrila.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Buy yourself a Styptic Pencil. Would stop Niagara Falls, and is cheaper than buying an Electric shaver.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Always use Philips - blades last much much longer than any of the foil types, and give a closer shave imho. Been using electric shavers ever since bum fluff.

Jan 30, 2008
Always use Philips - blades last much much longer than any of the foil types, and give a closer shave imho. Been using electric shavers ever since bum fluff.
Sounds like you've still got it ! Any self respecting chap has a wet shave FFS !!!!!
regards
DR

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've been using Philips razors for years, they tend to last about 6 or 7 years and have never needed to change the blades in that time. A lot of them you can do wet and dry shaving with now.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
I have always been a wet shave man, but am now on anti coagulation tablets. A nick this morning took a couple of hours to heal. I am therefore looking to move to an electric alternative. At the moment the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 is the favourite. Any one got one? Any alternative tips or models to avoid?

I used Brauns up until I discovered the Panasonic new range. They are the nuts now compared. I personally have the Panasonic ES8249s and its wet and dry and its the best I have ever used. My brother and Dad runs this place on Blatchington Road Hove

www.sussexspares.co.uk

Have a look or give him a call hed be happy to help with any questions

Jan 30, 2008
I've been using Philips razors for years, they tend to last about 6 or 7 years and have never needed to change the blades in that time. A lot of them you can do wet and dry shaving with now.
sounds like there's a few baby faced light weights on this thread
I could shave twice a day !!!!:eek:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I used Brauns up until I discovered the Panasonic new range. They are the nuts now compared. I personally have the Panasonic ES8249s and its wet and dry and its the best I have ever used. My brother and Dad runs this place on Blatchington Road Hove

www.sussexspares.co.uk

Have a look or give him a call hed be happy to help with any questions
lawn mowers???
regards
DR

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
G

I've never wet-shaved, I guess because my dad always had electric shavers, so have I. The only thing I would say is get one with rotary heads, I generally go for Phillips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here