StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
no-returns-sign.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Isn't this woman exactly the sort of person that the UK authorities should get hold of and use to try to deter others from going? I am sure the security services would be available to give her a thorough "debriefing"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Isn't this woman exactly the sort of person that the UK authorities should get hold of and use to try to deter others from going? I am sure the security services would be available to give her a thorough "debriefing"

I agree. She's not sure she'd be welcomed? The government should exhorting to come back and putting her in front of every media outlet there is - it should be a great propaganda coup. And, as you say, a chance for security services to get some first-hand information

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Double agent? Triple agent? And onwards ad infinitum. Cannot EVER be trusted, she has earned herself and her family a very nasty existence, good riddance.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Infringement of her human rights........no doubt.

She can come back and we can also put her and the kids in a large hall with hundreds of others...we call it a prison.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I agree. She's not sure she'd be welcomed? The government should exhorting to come back and putting her in front of every media outlet there is - it should be a great propaganda coup. And, as you say, a chance for security services to get some first-hand information

What's if she's the next Nicholas Brody?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
sorry,dont believe for one second she was on an urgent mercy mission with her kids to persuade husband to come back home.

if she was so concerned what was her two week family holiday in Turkey all about just before jumping the border into Syria?Surely she would have headed straight for him.
Sounds like a last bit of freedom before the joining the reality of Islamic State,a reality(and lies) that hit here square in the face which she didnt like one little bit.

time to invent a story and try to get back to the UK

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's the risk you take but the security services can ascertain that. Conversely, she could be another Aimen Dean. But in order to win the war on countering radicalisation, you have to look at the possibility of using people like this I would have thought.

Agree, she could be considered a trophey and an insight into exposing the myth about a romatntic life with ISIS.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's the risk you take but the security services can ascertain that. Conversely, she could be another Aimen Dean. But in order to win the war on countering radicalisation, you have to look at the possibility of using people like this I would have thought.

I take your point, however aren't we opening the floodgates by sending out a message to Brits in (or planning on going to) Iraq or Siria, telling them they are welcome back if they don't like it?
Sounds dangerous to me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I take your point, however aren't we opening the floodgates by sending out a message to Brits in (or planning on going to) Iraq or Siria, telling them they are welcome back if they don't like it?
Sounds dangerous to me.

Not at all, no. Pick and choose who to use with no guarantees. You don't need to publicise it. I would imagine that the security services are already using people like this anyway - in fact I would be surprised if they weren't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds dangerous to me.
Surely they'll learn that many that want to come back don't make it. This woman wanted to leave and the ISIS courts said no. I don't know how she got out, but it might not be easy. And some will get married off to a jihadi (against their will).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here