NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Damn. Sympathy for the Devil is only 6:18

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Does classical count as a song?
If so then Aram khachaturian, Masquerade Suite.
21 minutes of perfection.
Can't think of a pop song that is 7 minutes long.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow. It's not often someone mentions Ulrich Schnauss.

I would have given you some De/Vision, Fictional, Haujobb, or Herzschlag, but I have Schnaussy on the mind at the moment. 'Shine', under 7 minutes, is a masterpiece of unparalleled lovliness. Glad you like :kiss:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
http://youtu.be/r0Spl1cOf-o

Love the beginning of this song

From the same album I would go for either "The battle of Epping Forest", which I think is a wonderful bit of storytelling, or "Aisle of Plenty", which i think is just sublime. It goes off in to a prolonged instrumental (mainly keyboard) extravaganza which makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I have been rude on this site elsewhere today about Phil Collins as a singer, but on this album his drumming is sensational.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
From the same album I would go for either "The battle of Epping Forest", which I think is a wonderful bit of storytelling, or "Aisle of Plenty", which i think is just sublime. It goes off in to a prolonged instrumental (mainly keyboard) extravaganza which makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I have been rude on this site elsewhere today about Phil Collins as a singer, but on this album his drumming is sensational.

firth of fith is also class, in fact the whole album is amazing. Phil Collins always get a lot of grief. I learnt to forgive his Disney other crappy music, because deep down the guy is an amazing musician, some of his own early songs are among my all time favourites. Not the stuff they played on the radio.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
With a bit of instrument warm up, Stimmhorn get nearly 6 minutes out of Triohatala. Not quite 7 minutes I admit...

...But it's easily one of my all time favourite 'songs'. The recorded version is just under 4 minutes, but seeing as I always play it on repeat I'm having it as my favourite 7 minute song and that's that. :p

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here