Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WOW! Is it really 28 tonight years since.....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I shouldn't really say it, but I loved the morning after. I couldn't get to work, no trains, so I had the whole day wandering around the town looking at all the damage etc. Fishing boats blown into the migddle of the road, trees down everywhere, windows sucked out by low pressure, chimney stacks down on houses, and swathes of slates missing off roofs.
Oh yeah, and we lost our dustbin lid

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I remember it well. Went to a party in a village near Tunbridge Wells, got rather rat-arsed (I was 18) and decided to walk back home to TW in the small hours, thinking "my, it's a little windy". If anyone is interested, I survived.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Slept through the entire night only to be woken by the lack of traffic noise on the A24, eerily quiet. Chanctonbury Ring on the downs had been decimated, widespread damage where I lived, spent the rest of the day with family and friends clearing debris, chopping wood and tying down tarpaulin on damaged roofs. Happy days!

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I had tickets to See Bob Dylan with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers on the Saturday evening at Wembley arena. Think we had to get off the train and onto a taxi at Earlswood, due to trees still blocking the line and then we got another train further down the line to Victoria. A bit convoluted, but it was one of the best gigs that I've ever attended.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was a bit breezy in the north, but nothing special.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Our next door neighbour left one of his back bedroom windows open, and it came off and went straight through our conservatory roof.

And the wind took a huge branch off the Oak tree at the botton of our garden, blew it clean over our next door neighbour's garden and in to the garden beyond that - luckily with minimal damage. But when i went round the next morning to see if I could do anything about it, I could not shift it at all. I hate to think how heavy it was and what damage it might have done in different circumstances.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Top flat flat near Hove seafront wobbling like a jelly thought it was going down. Stepping over century old trees downed on the way to work was amazing.
Due another soon?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I remember watching Blackadder, then then just after, the power went out. We got the power back 1 week later, about 30mins before Blackadder started. Really pleased I didn't miss an episode. Slept under the kitchen table that night, as I could feel the walls moving.

Took me 3 hours to get to work from Haywards Heath to Burgess Hill that morning. I only did that because back then we were paid in cash every Friday.

Bloody banks were all closed so we didn't get paid. Took another 3 hours to get home.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What night was it? I remember getting the following day off school, possibly two days, before we had to go back after the weekend.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was definitely working in Crawley, think I was on earlies. Lots of trees to be cleared! Can still recall laying in bed thinking is was a touch breezy out there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here