Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Another Buzzfeed/Brighton thing: 18 places to drink

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a load of tosh, you don't go to The Ginger Pig to fudging drink ffs. He even put Plateau on the list ! You don't go to Plateau to eat or drink, you go there because you have too much money.

Jul 7, 2003
Should be titled 18 places to drink cocktails - not a craft beer in sight!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Quite clearly the best place to drink in Brighton is the American Express Community Stadium on the 30th April 2016 after we have beaten Derby to secure promotion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a load of tosh, you don't go to The Ginger Pig to fudging drink ffs. He even put Plateau on the list ! You don't go to Plateau to eat or drink, you go there because you have too much money.

Actually the food at plateau is great but I've only been on a couple of special occasions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Actually the food at plateau is great but I've only been on a couple of special occasions.

I'm afraid I must disagree re Plateau, I went with family and was VERY disappointed. I did put a review down in Restaurant 2015 so I won't go over it in detail but we did not get a lot of food for our money and found the Fish Platter very underwhelming in taste and quantity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should be titled 18 places to drink cocktails - not a craft beer in sight!

Check the photo of Brighton Rocks as they have Bear Hug on draft. But this is all and I get your point, and unless Brighton Rocks has improved over the past few years it's not my kind of place.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's a treat in there for pedants of NSC.

You must be referring to the mention of the South Lanes, wherever that is.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm afraid I must disagree re Plateau, I went with family and was VERY disappointed. I did put a review down in Restaurant 2015 so I won't go over it in detail but we did not get a lot of food for our money and found the Fish Platter very underwhelming in taste and quantity.

The fish platter was the best! The flavours are very strong and I wouldn't want a lot.

Fantastic service too.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Plateau is a fine little restaurant. I don't get all the negativity on here.

That idiot's guide to Brighton cocktail bars however, is shit.

The "south Lanes" faux pas shows him up to be a clueless out of town pleb.

Get back to Russia you bell end

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The fish platter was the best! The flavours are very strong and I wouldn't want a lot.

Fantastic service too.

Eh ? All we got for our fish " Platter " was one large Prawn type thing each, 2 small cold Mackerel fillets with a tandoori sauce, a small rectangular portion of Hake and I think a slightly smaller rectangle of Sea Trout about 10cm x 6cm, this all put on a dirty wooden board with a selection of cold pickle type things. In order to fill up we ordered two portions ( 16 chips each ) of chips at I think £4.50 a pop. Must have been about 10 ozs of fish between two of us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here