Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most embarrassing album or single in your collection ?

jazz pancake

Jul 4, 2015

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Well, I think I'm of a similar vintage. As a 13 year old, I loved punk rock especially.However my Auntie offered to buy me a single for Xmas. So in my alphabetically organised collection between Sham 69 and the Stranglers sits Christmas in Smurfland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
**** me. Where do I begin? I've got loads. Having spent my youth listening to rock and metal I am now no stranger to embarrassing records. That said, they meant something at the time; it's more history doesn't shine a favourable light on them.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
or is it called a download these days. mine is pyromania by def leppard, as someone of whom London Calling has been my favourite album for three decades, I certainly fell short on the taste button with this one
my mate adam comes on here too, he has it in his collection, or did, I rather suspect it is his most embarrassing too
read more on our shame....!
https://knickerstoemlewesfc.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/oh-no-embarrassing-albums-whats-your-worst/

Cheesy though it is, I actually like Pyromania. I didn't have it as a youth though, but I have the CD (cheaply obtained) in my collection now. Talking of cheaply obtained, I have a faint memory of nicking the cassette of DL's first album from Woolies, but that's another story. I think I'm too old to be embarrassed about music these days; I've got time for a lot of sounds that I would have cringed at in the past. In the '90's I did pick up quite a lot of "post rock" and noise stuff. Hardly ever listen to it now, and usually skip if it plays on the iPod.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
R-1782107-1267180037.jpeg.jpg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Gong - Camembert Electrique. A truly awful acid trip style album which was about 99p at the time.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Not one, but two copies of a Travis album, the man who I think. One would show a lapse in taste, but two.......

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nothing to be embarrassed about here!! As someone who can only sing out of tune this is my Karaoke go-to track....brings the house down every time, although Im never quite sure whether people are laughing with me or at me???

Especially with Clint Eastwood talkin' to the trees on the 'B' side! I am sure they're laughing WITH you and enjoying every moment :thumbsup:

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Shakin' Stevens. Green door. I'm not sure if that was the name of the album. In Vinyl obviously....a long long time ago.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I had Pyromania and really liked it at the time. Think my mum threw it away when I left home though. I'm a bit embarrassed about a compilation album I have - "Technohedz". Having said that, it's got a few crackers on it. My wife is always rude about my album "Love Songs of Smokie Robinson and Marvin Gaye", describing it as "an album for girls" - that cuts deep. Probably my worst one is the first single I ever bought: Lay Your Love On Me by Racey.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Heaven is a Halfpipe by OEM.

Terrible song.

All the others which you may classify as "embarrassing" I actually love for their novelty and nostalgia.Basically late 90's CHEESE.

However, that heaven in a halfpipe song is dross and not even FUN like, say, S CLUB or STEPS.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
My Dad used to play this all the time, still in a box of vinyl somewhere. 'Storm in a Teacup' is the one I always remember from being a kid.

Manchester-United-FC-United-Manchester-121524.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My wife and I have between us a Phil Collins CD and a Mariah Carey CD, both given as presents many years ago and both unplayed - in fact still in their cellophane wrappers.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Cant decide whether its my Gary Glitter, Johnathan king or Rolf Harris Lps ...No its my Lost Prophets CD.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I once asked for the 'New Kids On The Block' album (on tape...), before I realised that getting boy band material was a no no. And a Five Star album.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My Dad used to play this all the time, still in a box of vinyl somewhere. 'Storm in a Teacup' is the one I always remember from being a kid.

View attachment 69231

Oh my good god! A blast from my youth. I remember the spoken pieces by the players "Hello, this is Martin Buchan. And Steve James". My Mum bought me this because George was my hero. If you ever want to sell it, let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here