Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive pies in English football

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
unfortunately the quality has dropped over the last 4 years aswell and don't get me started on the removal of the chicken and ham pie.........
i have gone from buying a pie every game to not buying one at all.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Pies have definitely gone down in quality , not so much filling and pastry seems to be a lot harder these days , I don't bother buying them any more

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Chilli Pie is surely worth double that price :rock:

Do they still do it ? ???

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stopped getting one since they got rid of the Chicken and ham pie. I don't buy any food inside the stadium now but am partial to a fish and chips outside.

Not surprised though £4.10 is expensive anyway so always in with a shout at winning that mini league

Stopped buying them half way through the first Amex season, I seem to have got carried along on the wave of "Buy everything to help the club"

Then it occurred to me that they were quite simply overpriced rubbish, anyone willing to part with £4.10 for a pie the size of a cup cake and inferior in quality to almost anything shop bought for half the price needs to give their head a shake.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stopped buying them half way through the first Amex season, I seem to have got carried along on the wave of "Buy everything to help the club"

Then it occurred to me that they were quite simply overpriced rubbish, anyone willing to part with £4.10 for a pie the size of a cup cake and inferior in quality to almost anything shop bought for half the price needs to give their head a shake.
This. I can't be bothered to carefully craft this but for me there is a connection to the politics threads.... "Austerity"...? Hmmmm - as a country we can't possibly afford to look after our disadvantaged, ill, disabled and poor and it would be economically naive and reckless to even try?

Right ho.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I buy one every now and then so to be honest I havent seen a drop in quality.

£4.10 is a tad expensive.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They're making the Kidderminster Harriers one look expensive at £4.10 but for those that remember Kidderminster away it's a fabulous Sheperd's Pie, in a large foil. I had two, one before and one at HT, and then just felt full and bloated!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sadly, what started out as a well packaged decent quality product is now, no longer value for money. The product quality has been regularly down graded and likewise the packaging.
Why change a winning formula? It can only be one of two things. Either, the supplier/manufacturer is being squeezed by its customer for better prices and has had to compromise quality or there is a desire to make more money out of the product and use inferior/cheaper ingredients and packaging.
At £4.10 there should be comfortable margin in it for everybody. Cost to manufacturer to make...approx. 0.45-0.60p per unit. Cost to contract caterer/ club...approx. £1.10-£1.30. Manufacturer makes decent profit. Roughly 8000 pies per game x approx. 25 games. 200000 pies = approx. £100,000 ....costs....probably £60,000....Manufacturer makes £40k as well as taking a living wage.
Caterer has decent profit on each pie to play with. So does club. Between them, they can make £500k gp per season from pies.
£4.10 is a very healthy price for a middle-range product. Its pricing suggests premium product, which it certainly isn't.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sadly, what started out as a well packaged decent quality product is now, no longer value for money. The product quality has been regularly down graded and likewise the packaging.
Why change a winning formula? It can only be one of two things. Either, the supplier/manufacturer is being squeezed by its customer for better prices and has had to compromise quality or there is a desire to make more money out of the product and use inferior/cheaper ingredients and packaging.
At £4.10 there should be comfortable margin in it for everybody. Cost to manufacturer to make...approx. 0.45-0.60p per unit. Cost to contract caterer/ club...approx. £1.10-£1.30. Manufacturer makes decent profit. Roughly 8000 pies per game x approx. 25 games. 200000 pies = approx. £100,000 ....costs....probably £60,000....Manufacturer makes £40k as well as taking a living wage.
Caterer has decent profit on each pie to play with. So does club. Between them, they can make £500k gp per season from pies.
£4.10 is a very healthy price for a middle-range product. Its pricing suggests premium product, which it certainly isn't.

Yep, its a real pity. Had one at the last home game after not having one for over and year and they are not the same.

I bought my son a hotdog and it was MRM at its finest and packed with salt, its the kind of food that makes Britain as unhealthy as it is

I save my money to watch the team when I can, flask of coffee and a snack and avoids the queues The only thing I'll buy is a pint of Harveys

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Think the novelty has worn off somewhat, their sales must have dipped massively in the last couple of seasons. As the quality decreases, the price increases- that doesn't make sense for any business.

I'd rather just have a little nibble of my arm than pay £4.10 for a go at pie roulette. Or just bring food with me, one of the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here